THREE

003.|"The Prude"|

"So tedious, useless! Why would I ever need to learn this sorcery of calculus? Tell me, Pay. Why?" I ran my fingers through my hair, gently tugging at the roots in utter frustration.

Paisley sighed in annoyance at this unsolvable math. She slammed her book shut and slid it across the dining table "Screw homework."

"I'd say, however, we must finish. How about we finish this cruel math and then we'll go out for..." I began gesturing in the air with my pencil.

"Cocoa?!" Paisley smiled

My face grimaced "It's much to early in the season for that and you know I cannot stand that rich chocolate taste."

She frowned "Gelato, then... again."

"Perfect!" I clapped my hands together in excitement.

Paisley gave me a small smile before she huffed annoyance as she returned her eyes to the math textbook. "I hate you." She muttered to it as she flung it open.

Outside my bedroom and from the hall, footsteps along with the sound of munching emitted. Increasing by noise by every second as Jules passed by while eating Doritos.

Paisley gasped "Jules!"

He walked backwards, returning into our view and turned into the room with a sharp turn as if he were a robot. He swallowed back his mouthful of chips, pulling another Dorito from his family-sized bag "You called."

Paisley smiled sweetly and held up her textbook in front of her. Jules already knew what she asking just by the pleading look underneath her charming eyes. "Please." She asked and pouted her lips.

Jules placed the Dorito in his mouth as he rolled his eyes " I have my own homework, P."

"Homework you'll finish with ease and less than an hour. Help a dying girl out, will ya? Pretty please? I'll give you a head massage, again." Paisley pleaded with a swooning smile.

Jules huffed as he approached Paisley who sat on the floor and used the bed as a table. "Only because this intelligent brain needs a spa day." Jules gestured to his head as he looked at Paisley with raised eyebrows.

"Of course, anything for your Einstein of a mind." Paisley smiled resulting in Jules smiling as well.

"Umm, excuse me. Yes, you." I waved my hand and caught Jules eyes "Why is that you accept to help Paisley but when I ask, you tell me you're too busy"

Jules lowered his eyebrows "I am. Always. I'm out here trying to save the world, change it. Subjugate it." He said as if it were obvious.

Paisley gave Jules an odd look "Perhaps subjugate is a tad bit too far."

"Whatever, just help us so we can get the hell out of here and get some gelato." I said

Jules sat down his chips and took Paisley's textbook into his own grasp. "This is going to be rather difficult, with the coefficients and.....it's sixty five."

Paisley and I looked at each other with the same expression. Jules' brain is like a calculator, a quick and complex one that has all the answers.

Paisley pointed to another equation in the text book "So is this one going to be rather difficult as well? With the integrals and.... oh wait the answer is seventy-two." She shrugged her shoulders as she mocked Jules.

I giggled as a smile grew on her face while she looked at Jules. Jules held a plain look as he picked up one of my accent pillows and shoved it at Paisley's face. She caught the pillow with ease while Jules returned his eyes to the textbook, the corner of his lips curving upwards.