Chapter 13- Fulfilled

Lisa massaged her neck tiredly. She'd never felt so stressed in her life. The regular process of admitting new students was rigorous enough, let alone a last-minute admission after an expulsion.

As she walked through the wide, sunlit halls of the academy, she passed numerous classrooms, the walls turning transparent when she activated the motion sensor. All the students were in holo-desks paying close attention to their coaches and professors.

She then passed over the gyms, where the practicum courses took place. She stopped on the bridge she was crossing and looked down at an ongoing Teamwork course.

They were currently playing a classic round of Capture the Flag. The team on the left seemed to be winning as their only Ilamikoan student carried their enemy's flag to their post.

Most of the spectating students were urging the team on the right on, shouting for them not to lose. Unfortunately, the Ilamikoan's flexible limbs carried her forward, allowing her to win. Her teammates cheered, but many students groaned in disappointment.

Lisa tried to keep the word 'adorable' out of her mind, but it was all anyone could think when they looked at Lílitha Houdge. She was a tiny little thing— barely 4 feet— large, black eyes that rivalled a puppy's in terms of cuteness.

In Ilamikoan standards, she was only 8 years old, but on Earth, she was already 23, a young woman. Still growing, but she was certainly not a child, despite her appearance.

However, Lílitha was anything but cute. Not only did her flexibility provide her power in her kicks and punches, making them similar to being hit by a wrecking ball, but she had a bite force stronger than a hippo's. Hence her call sign.

Being the only Ilamikoan student in the academy, she attracted mockery from her schoolmates. She'd gotten on the planet team, but only as the 150th seed, and she didn't impress as much as her other peers in the preliminaries.

Then came the other 'outcast' of the school: Harrison Smith, the human that reached fourth place in his first Versus competition. The Versus media outlets did their best to accuse him of cheating, claiming he wasn't worthy of the position.

To them, he didn't give enough effort. Lisa struggled throughout her entire career to get to first place in her last Versus, unlike him. Hajja was especially adamant with their accusations, desperate to salvage a shred of their pride after losing so many competitions already. Of course, they had the excuse of simply being in a slump. They'd bounce back in no time.

"He is always smiling despite everything, isn't he?"

Lisa gasped, startled by Benson's sudden appearance. "You scared the bugs out of me," she said.

"Sorry about that," he chuckled, continuing to observe both Harrison and Lílitha. "He is a positive soul. I've never seen him without that smile of his."

She laughed, following Benson down the hall. They exited the building and headed to the Hall of Affairs. Students around them politely greeted them.

"So... who do you think it'll be?" Lisa asked.

Benson took a breath. "Hard to say. There were many prospective students with massive potential."

"How do you think Josephine will handle this?"

"My bet is that she will wash her hands and leave it to us. Or she will simply choose the strongest species."

"There weren't a lot," Lisa remarked. "I was surprised. I thought more of the 'tops' would apply."

"A few of them piqued my interest. Particularly that human girl."

"Which one?"

"That one that fainted."