xxxv ; it's a fuck-show

24 March, 2015

(BLACK SCREEN: BADLY RECORDED AUDIO)

"Who do you want here? Haz Styles, internationally rich and famous pop star; or Harry Styles, the little boy from Holmes Chapel in Cheshire who loves cats and Louis Tomlinson?"

"Can you do both?"

"That's a first."

-Harry "Haz" Styles and Marc Buuren (producer) in the first thirty seconds of the documentary.

(PICTURE FOCUSES ON A FIDGETING HAZ STYLES ON A KITCHEN STOOL)

"Well hello there, my friends. You may know me as Haz Styles, but when the next hour and forty minutes is up, you will know me by my true identity. Harry Styles-Tomlinson."

EXCERPTS FROM NETFLIX'S HAZ: THE STORY SO FAR

"I remember sitting in a room with these men I'd never met, who would be running my life from then on. I remember being terrified and worried when they said that my name was too 'boring and bland' for a pop star. I remember my best friend greeting me when the meeting was over, and I remember him calling me Haz. That name had always been reserved for my family, but the second my manager heard it, there was no question about it. Haz was no longer an endearing nickname my sister and best friend called me, it was my new first name. So long Harry Styles, and hello Haz." 

-Harry Styles about his stage name.

(HAZ TAKES THE CAMERA CREW BACKSTAGE)

"Welcome to backstage of the Take Me Home Tour! This is Sarah, my drummer; she's an angel, aren't you Sarah? This is the dressing room, were I get ready, and where I hang out with my friends before and after the show. Aah, here's Niall, my best friend and guitarist. Over there is my stylist, Lou Teasdale. That's her little area. Nobody else is allowed in her area, or they get sprayed in the eyes with hairspray. Oh, look! Louis' here! This is my childhood best friend, Louis. We grew up together."