Chapter 1

• Dedicated to My english teacher, since she forced me to make this

    The light shone  down on the grave, the cold stone being lowered into it said:

"Here Lies A Beloved Friend"

    Three people were there, staring down at it. They couldn't believe something like this would happen. Everything was fine; that is, until she came to town.

______________________________________________________________________________

3 Months ago:

 It was spring. The snow from the month before was melting and the wildflowers were blooming. The forest was teeming with life; birds were chirping, squirrels were gathering food, and the bears were finally waking up.

 I walked through the forest, my golden hair dancing in the wind. It ruffled my black dress, causing me to shiver in the cold. I had lost my jacket a while ago, so the wind was not exactly welcome.

 I could see a town up ahead, the one I was heading towards. I was heading towards a new life. I noticed my companion was talking to me and I tuned back in.

 " By any chance, is this the town we were heading towards?" It asked me quietly. I nodded my head as a response and walked a little faster. " Hey, wait up!" He started waddling towards me on his patchwork legs.

  I heard a thump behind me and stopped, looking behind me. It seemed like he tripped over a rock, but his leg said a rip opened up and he fell. I looked at him, waiting for an explanation that might never come. After a minute of waiting, I sighed and shuffled over to him while looking for my needle and thread. I found the needle and used my hair as thread and carefully sewed his leg shut. I cut the thread with my teeth and tied it off. He got up and tested his weight on the leg, before giving the thumbs up of approval.

 I nodded my head and started towards the town once again, slower than before. He jogged to catch up and I slowed down some more, remembering his leg. Eventually I stopped, making him bump into my leg. I turned around to pick him up, with a smile gracing my lips. I placed him on my shoulders and jogged to the entrance to make up for lost time. I was hoping to find a new coat so that I wasn't freezing to death when I left again to the forest. I soon entered the gates with no problem.  It seemed like this village didn't have guards at the gate, unlike the last one. They chased me out with stones and pieces of metal that looked like sticks. I looked around and found a boy on the side of the road crying. I gently hugged his shoulders and whispered softly in his ears, " Are you okay little one?" The question was all it took for the boy to start sobbing into my shoulder. In between hiccups from crying so much I heard the words, " Devil Spawn".

 I narrowed my eyes at the words, remembering my friends and family calling me those exact words on my tenth birthday.

 I closed my eyes and spoke to him words I was never told when I was called that. " Everything will be alright," I said gently. "They're just afraid of your powers. You're not a devil spawn, you're just a little kid who is misunderstood." Those words seemed to calm him a little bit and his sobs turned into hiccups, and quietly, he fell asleep. I carried him on my back and went to the nearest clothing shop and bought a new jacket.

 I came out and there were three teenage boys looking with a confused look on their faces at the place where the boy used to be. One had worry in his eyes as he looked around the spot for the boy. I cleared my throat and their heads spun towards me in shock. They saw the boy in my hands and got into fighting stances. I sighed.

 I didn't want to fight them; I just wanted to give them the boy and make sure he was safe. I slowly put him down with Loki and slid my feet into place, ready to fight if I had to. They took out sharp metal sticks and ran at me. I closed my eyes and started humming. It was a song I had heard on the way here, an old lullaby. They slowed down with a confused look on their faces, then fear flashed into one of the boys' eyes and he started backing away before whispering out 'Monster' and falling unconscious with the other teenager. Before he could fall, however, I came and caught him with a dark look in eyes.