16. Bunch of Roses

Anna was busy cleaning the table when her mother came and stood in front of her

"Anna!" Sofia called her softly. Anna looked up to her and hummed softly in reply. "Your Aunt Dephanie called."

"Really! Is she going out of town?" Anna asked amusedly to which her mother nodded at her. "And she wants somebody to look after the orphanage when she's away." Sofia nodded again. "For how many days?"

"Two!"

"Alright, I'll go then." She smiled happily. "It's been months I didn't meet the kids."

"When is she leaving?"

"Tonight,"

"Well, I have to go now then."

"You want me to drop you!"

"No mom, that's a long ride. I'll go home and pack some stuff and take the bus." Anna informed with a grin. "But what about the delivery?"

"Don't worry, there won't be—"

"Any delivery for two days." Anna completed.

Anna went home and quickly packed some clothes and headed out for the bus stop. On her way, she called her aunt and informed her about her arrival. While waiting for the bus, she saw Leo driving by on the road. She quickly turned and hid from him. And as soon as his car passed, she released a deep breath and stared at the far back of his car. Then she sat on the bench and took out her earpiece to listen to music and a book from her bag to read while waiting for the bus to arrive. After listening and reading for some minutes, she felt a shadow hovering upon her. And as her eyes looked up, she quickly frowned over at the sight of Leo.

"What're you doing here?" she said plugging out her earpiece.

"Going somewhere?" He ignored her question and asked.

"Yes!"

"Where?"

"Somewhere only I know." She retorted.

"You're going to Fairfield beach road." He said glancing up at the screen that was displaying the destination. "That's a long way."

"I know. What are you doing here?" Anna crossed her arms over her chest and ask-deadpanned.

"I saw you!"

"So!"

"Nothing! Are you planning to stay the night there?"

"None of your business."

"Are you running away from home?" He asked as he amusedly glanced at her backpack beside her.

"Why don't you just leave me alone?" She cried in exasperation. "Yesterday you said so yourself that we should stop crossing the path, why did you come here? You should have just ignored me and drive away." She scowled.