Chapter 7 Jace's p.o.v.

All night I couldn't get her out of my head. I have to make this right. My wolf won't talk to me it's like he's gone. For the first time in my life I felt like shit. But I'll change that soon. I left early so I could get to school and wait for my mate. I had to see her.

I've been pacing in front of her locker for almost 10 minutes. Finally I could smell her scent. When I turned around, what I saw shocked me. She had her head down looking at the ground. When she looked up I felt like breaking down.

Her once beautiful bright red hair full of life was dull and lifeless. She wore no make-up. Red eyes like she has been crying with dark circles under her eyes.

At first I thought I'd made a mistake, but this was her. She looked like a completely different person. She looked up like she sensed me. Her beautiful blue eyes met mine with so much fear. I caused this. She was only a few feet away from me so I could see her body shaking in fear.

She turned to run away and ran straight into Kaycee.

"Babe you okay?"Kaycee aks. Rayne shakes her head and starts crying.

"Help me please."She cries out. I watched as Kaycee led her away from me.

I walked to class with my head hung low. Her scent hit me full force. Cole and Kaycee sat on either side of her. I walked to the back of the room and sat down. I kept my eyes on her. She never would look at me.

"She needs time"I heard Cole in my head.

"I know"I said defeated.

"We'll take care of her."he says. I cut the link.

It's like I could feel the sadness rolling off of her. When the bell rang I left quickly for our next class. Assignes seats she can't get away from me then. She sat down next to me but scooted her desk away from me over to the side.

"Hi Rayne"I say loudly to catch her attention. She looks up at me but stays quiet.

"Please talk to me baby"I begged. I reached up and tucked a piece if hair behind her ear. She flinched away from me.

"What do you want me to say?"she whispers.

"Babe I'm sorry I never meant to hurt you or scare you."She looked at me unsure bitting her lip.

"I don't know, I don't trust you Jace."

I felt my heart breaking all over again. A slight pain in my chest. I heard a whimper and looked up at my beauty. She was hunched over clutching her chest whimpering in pain. Shit the mate bond. It's worse for her because she's human.

I reached out and pulled her to me, and she didn't object. "Baby are you okay?"

She nods and straightens up. "It's been happening since last night"she admits pulling away from me."I can't be alone with you, you scare me. But I will try" she smiles sadly.

Next came lunch. She allowed me to walk with her but she kept her distance. I tried to get her to eat but she declined. I chose  seat across from her instead beside her. She needs time.

"Mate!" I heard Zander yell in my head.

"welcome back"I say sarcastically.

"fuck you pay attention to mate."

I looked at her and she was studying me.What did I do?

"You okay baby?"

She shook her head as if to shake away her thoughts."We need to talk. After what happened I need answers. And I've been hearing things weird things."

"Like what?"

"What's a Alpha or Luna?"she asks

"Ummmm....." I froze. How did she hear that?!Then Kaycee and Cole sat down with us.

"Tell me now damn it or Im leaving"

Here goes nothing.