━ SUMMARY.

GODS WILL BLEED.
( lord of the rings. )
PROLOGUE.

 ━

  ÎLA OF RHUN REMEMBERS HER...

  She remembers the girl of her past; the one of sun-kissed skin and eyes of honeyed brown. Îla remembers that she was once fashioned from the summer seasons, with braided flowers in braided hair. She was so young then and, now, when faced with her reflection, Îla sees no more than a girl hardened by war. Indeed, the heat has woven itself across her skin, but on more than one account.

  The girl of innocent beginnings with no taste for blood is gone. She died alongside those who were once her people. The sun had been her blessing─ but the fire is now her curse. Îla looks to the past and sees nothing but flames and, in the future ahead, the world looks no different. Îla knows that, should she continue down this dark path, only horror is sure to follow.

  But, Îla of Rhûn thinks that the world is as clear-cut as others have laid it out for her. Life is no more than something to be given away, sold to one purpose. And Îla believes her purpose is to live a life in service to Rhûn; the people who saved her. No questions asked. No hesitation.

  But, a life in Rhûn means a life in service to Sauron, the Dark Lord.

  Her beloved sun is fading and Shadow's now roam free. Îla knows she owes everything to Rhûn and the one they call master. But, when a series of horrific events lead to the questioning of her loyalty, the warrior finds that the world is not so simple. Life is far more delicate and the master she had imagined herself following was only a pipe dream.

  The lines between good and evil are blurring— and Îla knows she's crossed ones far worse, but abandoning her beliefs is not so easy.

  However, when faced with the choice between betraying her newfound friends and staying loyal to the one she calls Master, Îla hesitates. She asks the questions she never though to before. The perspective of her world comes from more than one angle now, and Îla knows the destruction that will follow if the flames of her past bleed into the future.

But, the decision that rests upon her shoulders reaps heavy consequences.

And these consequences come at more than her own expense. Îla's choice and her fate now coincide not just with the Fellowship, but with the strange companions she encounters on her journey along Middle Earth. The lives of two Elves, a trickster of an Easterling, and a Stolen Child (not unlike herself) now rest in her hands and the danger is far more deadly than ever before.

The world is no longer the same. It is raw and bleeding with secrets older than time itself. Though, there is one thing for certain.

Îla of Rhûn was meant to be more than just another captain in the Dark Lord's ever-growing army.

  Now, Îla finds that she must embark on a journey to discover, not just herself, but the meaning of what the world is at its core and the person she was meant to be for it. The road is long, with no sparing of detail in the dangers ahead. But, Îla will soon discover that strength is found in the oddest of places and courage is the sharpest blade to wield in a land riddled with fear and darkness.

AN: So, the absolute point of my hyper-fixation is FINALLY here and can I just say how excited I am to start writing for this? I have the whole thing mapped out in my head and I've never written such a lengthy plot before with this many characters (who I plan on focusing on wholly and equally)!!!! Anyways, this will mainly be from Îla's focus because it's a Legolas story and she's the main OC so..... But, I did say there may be a Thranduil sub-plot somewhere in this book so, beware, but I might just create a whole other book altogether for something like that. Anyways! I hope you enjoy! Thanks for reading and let me know what your thoughts and feelings are so far? ♡