Chapter 11

The sucking.

The nibbling.

The moaning.

The groaning.

Leilani expected everything to be painful.

However, it was far from that.

It was special. It was intimate. There was passion. There was a mutual understanding. They were both hungry for each other and last nights events reflected that.

Leilani thought Carters age would've slowed him down. And he was slow... but slow in all the right ways. Carter took his time with Leilani.

Everything he did to Leilani last night was simply for Leilani. For her pleasure. Carter wanted to make her first time special and memorable.

When Leilani woke up, she found herself lying in Carters bed. It was a California king, silk sheets succumbed her body, and a plush comforters layered itself on top. She rolled over, noticing Carters absence.

Leilani took in her surroundings. The sun shined through the gigantic glass walls onto her face, giving her a slight headache. She wrapped herself in a silk sheet and made her way into the bathroom.

She gargled mouthwash, washed her mess of a face, and tied her hair up in a loose bun. Not able to find her clothes to put back on, she secured the sheet around her and searched the house for Carter.

Carter hovered over the stove, shirtless, the only thing keeping him from being completely naked were the pair of grey sweatpants he wore.

"Hey, good morning." Leilani greeted him. Carter turned around to face her and Leilani nearly melted again. Seeing his toned body gave her immediate flashbacks of last nights events. "Good morning, sleeping beauty." Carter walked over to Leilani and kissed her cheek.

"I'm making waffles and bacon. But would you like some coffee in the meantime?" Carter questioned, gesturing to the Keurig machine beside the stove. Leilani nodded, "coffee sounds great." She told answered. Carter quickly fixed her a mug and passed it over.

As they small talked over the sound of the bacon sizzling, a thought came to Leilani's mind. Today was a week day. Why weren't they at work?

"Carter, shouldn't we be heading to the office?" Leilani analyzed the time that was posted on the Keurig machine: 9:37am.  They were over an hour late. Carter chuckled. "I gave everyone the day off. I figured we could have a little more time together." He informed her. Carter slowly made his way over to Leilani, standing behind her, wrapping his arms around her waist. Carter rested his chin in the crook of her neck. "How does that sound?" He asked her.

Leilani's body began heating up. It sounded amazing.

"That sounds great." She finally replied. But then she realized that she was still wrapped up in Carter's bedsheets. "Have you seen my clothes?" She thought out-loud. "Oh, I folded them up in my closet. I set aside some fresh cloths and towels in the bathroom whenever you wanted to shower."

Such a thoughtful man. Leilani thought.

"You can go now, if you want. Breakfast won't be done for a little while." Carter told her, making his back over to the stove. He hadn't even mixed the batter for the waffles.

Leilani nodded, heading back upstairs to do her morning routine.

She came back down, this time wrapped in a towel. She followed the smell of fresh waffles. Carter poured orange juice for them both and set up the food for them at the island.

Leilani enjoyed these past few days with Carter. His age really was nothing but a number because he treated her like an absolute princess.

The only con of this situationship was that she'd be leaving in two months. Leilani didn't want to remind Carter, though. They had finally gotten somewhere. Now was not the time.

She cleared her throat, allowing the lump in her throat to be replaced by waffles and bacon, which were absolutely perfect.

"Did you want to hit the mall? To get you an outfit for today?" Carter asked as he cleaned up the mess he'd made from making their breakfast.

"Okay. I'll go put my dress on." Leilani told him, sliding out of the chair at the island. "No, wait. I'll just give you some sweats and a t-shirt. I don't want you looking like a walk-of-shame this early in the morning. Especially on a Monday." Carter told her, laughing a little. Leilani giggled, following Carter to his closet.

They walked hand in hand in the mall. Leilani had now changed into a pair of high waisted bell bottom jeans, black chucks wedges, a white crop top, and a black beach hat. Carter swatted Leilani's hand away whenever she reached for her wallet. He knew he paid her well but he wanted her to keep it for herself.

Leilani deserved the world in Carter's eyes and mind. She was patient and understanding with him when he really didn't deserve it. After all, he was an absolute douchebag to her for the first we of Leilani working through with the company. He was a tad bit rude during the interview. He definitely underestimated her talent. He kissed her and left her alone at the company Gala. He ignored her after the Gala.

As Carter went over his faults and absent-minded mistakes he'd made with Leilani in the beginning of their "situation-ship", he realized that eventually, this would all come to an end. 

Carter remembered the smallest, but most significant thing about his current experience with Leilani, that she was simply an intern. A summer intern. Where was Leilani headed after Vanderbilt Publications? Carter thought to himself. 

After hitting up the last store, which just so happened to be Pandora. Leilani wasn't really a jewelry person. She kept a watch on her left wrist  and a pair of gold studs she had gotten for graduation, on business days. 

So, when Carter insisted on buying her a keepsake, from his emotions to hers, their eyes locked onto a silver Pave Heart and Angel Wings necklace. As the store associate processed Carter's receipt, Carter placed the necklace on Leilani. 

"Wow, Carter. You didn't have to do all of this today." Leilani told him in awe, admiring the necklace that laid elegantly against her skin. 

"I just want you to have something to remember me by." Carter replies, simply, running his hands along her waist, kissing her neck sweetly. 

They both locked eyes on each others reflections through the Pandora mirrors. Carter had been thinking Leilani's exact thoughts that she had earlier.