Chapter 14 filler

Every single student had been tested. It was determined that every muggleborn student was a descendent of squibs. Heirs to family long thought died out came forward. Distant relatives were found. The muggleborn population seemed to stem from the old magic families casting out their squib children. Then through generations of marriage to muggles and other unknown squibs the magic had grown strong enough to be used again.
Dumbledore had apparently been blocking mail from the bank to heirs everywhere. After the testing was completed the goblins had retreated back into the bank but not before they took a trip down to the Chamber of Secrets too collect basilisk parts. Snape after finding out he could take his mother's last name and become Head of the Prince family was in a slightly better mood. Hermione found out she was indeed related to the Dogworth-Grangers by a squib relation many centuries ago on her fathers side, on her mothers on the other hand her great grandmother was Minerva's aunt. The headmistress cried tears of joy when told that she still had family left in the world. Hermione was just as happy as The headmistress.
Many of the old pureblood families didn't know how to react. These people they been taught to hate, that they were better than, weren't muggleborn but squibborn. The neutral family's reactions were of course neutral. The blood purists on the other hand had to entirely rethink what they knew of the world.
The Daily Prophet did not run the story being on the ministries payroll. But do to the tri wizard tournament being help numerous Familues our side of Britain has subscribed to different news outlets for the year. Witch Weekly had no problem running the story of Potter and his Betrotheds and just how they came together. Both Hogwarts and the ministry were flooded with owls the new wards filtered out anything harmful. Thankfully there were very few. The ministry and Dumbledore weren't so lucky the French Minister was appalled by the treatment of the Goblins and the Bulgarian minister was furious with the way Potter had been treated turns out they were distantly related through Harry's mother. The Whitemoree family was very old even having ties to Russian Royalty. Needless to say that Harry had the backing of a very powerful ally.