02 | the beginning

MONDAY MORNINGa few hours later_____

MONDAY MORNING
a few hours later
_____

UNDER the monotonous droning of a teacher's voice, the four best friends sat in their respective classes. All of the boys, well, except for Armani, we're slouching in the their desks, their minds somewhere else as they sat through their lectures.

Tyler sighed, his chest falling as he exhaled, his eyes blinking lazily as his eyes flickered across the room, not staying on one thing for too long.

His leg bounced, his fingers tapped, and his arms were pebbles with goosebumps.

To say the boy was restless would be an understatement.

Trepidation sink it's claws into his heart, making his already thumping heart increase in speed, practically jumping in his chest as the clock ticked away.

Something's coming, he thought he looked around, his leg still bouncing, itching to run away.

But from what?

He should feel safe and comfortable.

He'd been in this school for the past three years, so, why does he feel like he'll die in the next second?

I gotta get the hell outta here, he thought, raising his hand.

"Can I go to the bathroom?" he asked, his voice shaky and breathy as a lump of dread festered in his throat.

His teacher nodded, pointing at the pass before continuing with her lesson.

Tyler practically bolted out of the room, pass in hand as he threw himself into the nearest bathroom.

Yanking a stall door open, he locked himself in, putting his back onto the door, sliding down until he landed on the floor.

I'm okay.

I'm okay.

I'm o-fucking-kay! he tried to convince himself, screaming into his skull as fear's clawed hands gripped even tighter on his faint heart.

Tyler hated when he went into panic mode, always letting it happen when he's in an inappropriate place; like a school bathroom.

"Fuck this," he grumbled, his shaking hand slipping into his pocket, pulling out his polka-dotted juul. Bringing the vape to his lips, he inhaled deeply, letting the strawberry mango vapor fill his lungs, bringing a buzz to his shivering body. "That's better."