New Year's Eve

I have been spending the last few days with my brother and spending more time with Tim, seeing as I haven't been doing that as much since I got together with Damian. It's New Years Eve and I'm sitting talking to my brother while the whole Wayne Family is off doing other stuff. Like preparing for tonight's party. 

Tim's P.O.V

Everyone besides Mykie and her brother are in the batcave. Joseph is upstairs keeping her occupied so she doesn't come down here to train. We're all looking at Demon like he's crazy. "Little D. Are you sure about this? Don't you think it's a little early for this?" Dick asked I nod in agreement. He scoffs and glares at all of us. "I do not need your approval. I did not tell you for that reason. I told you so you were aware of what would be happening and I told you in hope you would assist me." He snaps still glaring at us. "If this is what Damian wants then I think he should do it. If it is going to make him happy then who are we to stand in the way of that." Bruce states and Dick, Jason and I all look at him surprised. "Yes I think he is too young for this type of decision but I also believe that it is going to happen sooner or later." He continues. "I agree with Master Bruce on this. This is the happiest I have seen the young Master in all the years that he has lived here, if this is inevitable then I do not see the reason to prolong it." Alfred pipes up from his spot beside Bruce. "Thank you Father. Pennyworth. So will you imbeciles assist me?" He asked us. I just shrugged. "I'm indifferent. Doesn't matter to me. So I guess so." He nods with a semi grateful look on his face. Dick sighs and nods reluctantly.  "If you're positive that this is what you want Little D. Then I will help you but I still think it is too early for you two." We all look over at Jason who just shrugs before nodding. 

Once Damian explains his plan we all split off to do our own thing. I'm sitting behind the bat-computer when I hear footsteps approach me from behind. "Do you ever give yourself a break?" The voice asks. I turn around and see Mykie standing leaning against the railing behind my chair. I spin around to face her with a smile on my face. "Shouldn't you be in your room getting ready for the party tonight like the rest of the girls?" I question her and she shrugs. "I don't take as long as they do." I raise my eyebrow at her causing her to laugh. "It's new years eve with the family, not an infamous Wayne Enterprise gala. I don't need to get dolled up." I nodded then look at the time. "We should get ready soon though. The rest of the family will be here soon." I suggest and she nods before walking off to her room. 

Mykie's P.O.V

I get up to my room and start going through my closet looking for something to wear. After a few minutes I finally pull together a simple look. It's just a relaxed night with our family, it's nothing too special. Besides New Year's Eve. 

I pull on one of Damian's flannels over my shirt and slip on my shoes then head down to join the rest of my family

When I get there everyone is gathered around talking and laughing. Even Bruce is smiling and finally looks relaxed for once. I walk over to where Damian is sitting take my spot beside him placing my hand on his knee as he subconsciously puts his arm around my shoulders. "I was just going to ask The Demon Spawn where you were. Now we know. You were raiding his closet weren't you?" Jason joked as I got comfortable. I flip him off as we all laugh. "What can I say? His clothes are really comfortable." I said as I leaned in closer to Damian. 

'So what are you two planning on doing when you finish school?' Joey asked while signing. "I plan on working with my father at his company more." Damian explained before they all look at me. "I'm not sure what I want to do. But I know I want to travel the world. I don't want to stay in Gotham all the time." I explain and they nod believing what I said but then Tim decides speaks up. "That's not what you told me Kay. From what I remember, you wanted to get into modeling." I glare at him and just lifts his shoulders in a shrug. "Beloved, is this true? Why did you never tell me?" Damian questioned as he looked down at me. I nod my head finally admitting to it. It was something I was always scared to admit because of how known my father is I knew that no one would want his daughter working for them. "I never said anything because I was embarrassed about it. I knew that no one would want the daughter of a notorious killer like my father working for them." I explained to them and everyone slowly nodded. 

I sigh again. "Guys! We should not be getting upset. It's New Year's Eve! We should be having fun. Joking and partying." I exclaimed and Jason cheered. "Lets get this party started!" We all laugh at him. "Jay. I think you've had a little too much to drink. Have some water." I said as I picked up the glass beside me. He shook his head refusing the drink. "Jason! Look at me." I snapped grabbing his attention. I look into his eyes before I repeat my words. "Drink. Some. Water." He reluctantly nods and takes the drink. I drop my head before turning to Bruce. "I know I should never use my abilities on the guys but I did it to help him." I said looking at Bruce with a small smile. "Don't worry Mykie. I understand and thank you." He smiles at me which I return. I look at the clock and see that it's almost midnight. I start getting excited and start jumping in my seat beside Damian. "IT'S ALMOST MIDNIGHT!" I exclaim as Damian looks down at me with a mix of emotions. Confusion, amusement, happiness, and love. He chuckles before pulling me closer to him. We all start to stand up as the count down starts. I run over to the balcony attached to the family room to look up at the fireworks thinking Damian is behind me. 

10...

9...

8...

7...

I turn and see Damian standing against the door frame with an amused smirk on his face. 

6...

5...

"Mykie." He calls trying to get my attention. I can't hear him over the sound of the fireworks.

4...

3...

'Beloved. Please look at me for a minute.' He pushes the thought into my mind. I slowly turn towards him.

"I know we haven't always gotten along. I had always known there was something different about you. That is the reason I was always jealous of you. When I had come back at the beginning of this year and find you in my class. I was automatically drawn to you. I am unsure of if it was due to the magic or just you as a person. Whatever it was, I am thankful for it. As it has brought you to me. And I could not be happier. So What I am trying to ask you is..." He trails off searching through his pockets looking for something. 

2...

He slowly gets down on one knee. "Will you do me the honor and be my wife?" He questions. My hands are in front of my face as I'm shocked and overjoyed. 

1...

"YES!" I exclaim as he jumps up and wraps his arms around my waist after he places the ring on my finger. 

"HAPPY NEW YEARS!" Everyone screams

"HAPPY NEW YEARS!" Everyone screams. I'm too caught up in staring at my fiancé. I grab his face and press a small kiss upon his lips before pulling him into another hug. "I love you Dami." I whisper up to him.