eight

evangeline's heart fluttered in time with the last bell. the events of the day had given her a light high, but there was more manipulation to come before the day was done. after school, she fully anticipated the second wave attacks from patrick's friends - especially bowers. she practiced her best doe eyes, fluttery eyelashes and lip bites in her last period, which seemed to work a treat on the young science teacher. she walked out of the classroom and slowly headed towards her locker, taking her time.

she heard the jingling of keys, or maybe a wallet chain, and her locker was slammed shut by a veiny, ring-clad hand. evangeline jumped in mock surprise.
"heard about your little prank today kaspbrak" henry enunciated sarcastically.
"henry, you don't think i did that, did you?" she asked up at him, ensuring her voice was sweet and soft as can be.
"patrick told me all about you. you're a freak" he laughed. evangeline bit her lip, looking down at the floor, and then back up at henry for dramatic effect.
"how would i have known about the ruler henry? it's my first week here..." she trailed off.
"patric-"
"i've never even spoken to patrick. i've only spoken to you. a-and you seemed so sweet. like you really wanted to get to know me. i was looking forward to it." she 'admitted' quietly.
an idiot like this wouldn't stalk patrick. hell, nobody would... why do i ever take his word on things, henry thought to himself, scoffing in disapproval towards patrick, once again doubting his lying abilities.
"l-look, i didn't mean to come on so harsh, sugar. it's just a bunch of he said she said bullshit anyway." henry sucked up to the angelic girl who was aiming her doe eyes and slight hint of cleavage at the dumb teenage boy. 
"i'm glad you understand henry, i knew you would," she bit her lip again, lightly touching his bare arm with her cold-yet-soft fingertips. her touch sent a shiver down henry's spine he tried desperately to swallow.
"you're one of the nicest people i know in derry" she beamed at him, looking him over once more before skipping off to find her brother.

what a fucking sucker.

"EVANGELINE! WHAT HAPPENED? WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED?"
"APPARENTLY PATRICK HOCKSTETTER WENT TOTALLY BALLISTIC ON YOU"
"BETTIE FINN SAID SHE HEARD SOMEONE SAY YOU GOT TABLE SLAMMED"
"Y-YEAH WELL I HEARD J-JOHNNY YATES SAY THA-"
"boys, i'm okay, please calm down!" evangeline laughed at the young boys' outbursts.
"jelly! your arm! holy shit, mommy's gonna kill that boy"
"no, she isn't" evangeline chirped back, pulling her beige cardigan out of her backpack and slipping it on.
"touche" eddie mumbled in reply.
"we're not letting that happen to you again, jelly." stan spoke up confidently, crossing his arms and puffing his chest up.
"y-yeah, j-jelly. i don't know w-w-what we'd do without y-you." bill piped up, fidgeting with his backpack strap.
"nobody fucks with my wife and gets away with it" richie chimes in, shaking his fist in the air. evangeline giggles and ruffles his hair as she walks past the group, rolling her eyes once past them.
"lets go kids" she called to them, skipping down the school steps.

as the group reached the road, belch's car approached them. it slowed as it passed the crew, fronted by evangeline as the boys stood behind her, disregarding their words of courage and strength moments ago.
"need a ride today princess?" henry smirked out of the passenger seat, patting his denim clad legs.
"not today thank you henry, but maybe one day soon. next week perhaps?" she giggled, biting her lip softly, fully aware of patrick's fuming presence in the backseat, his teeth sinking down into a cigarette wishing it was her throat. after henry's return from the confrontation, patrick was livid to discover that not only did henry not believe him anymore, but that the psycho bitch had him in the palm of her hand, drooling like a starving pup.
"soon, sugar" henry winked, tapping the roof of the car through the window, signalling belch to drive off. patrick glared at her through the back window, catching her dead eyed smirk as she slowly licked her lips at him. patrick turned back to sit forward in his seat, groaning at how much of a pain she was.
"drop me at the dump, belch." patrick muttered.
"thought we were goin-"
"drop me at the fuckin' dump, belch. i've had enough shit today." he spat, running a hand through his greasy hair and then lighting the cigarette that was dangling from his lips. belch sped down the main street of derry, turning each corner with a screech of his already bald tires. once arrived at the dump, patrick muttered a thanks from behind his cigarette smoke, clamouring out of the sunroof and quickly flicking his hand 'goodbye' at the trans am. he stood still, watching it pick up dust as it sped back towards the centre of town, probably on a mission to scout potential victims.

once sure he was alone, patrick stomped around the dump, eyeing all the new garbage as he made a beeline for his treasured spot. he stopped in front of an old, white fridge which was laying flat on the ground, the door covered in dust and mud, save the handle due to frequent use. he dropped his cigarette from his mouth and sighed in relief as he opened the fridge door, an unmissable stench wafting from it the moment the seal was broken. inside lay 2 decaying racoons, the skeleton of a lizard, and his next door neighbour's cat, now a ball of orange fur and mould.
"oh how i've missed you darling" he whispered, leaning down to stroke a patch of fur which was not yet covered in the fluids of decay.
"what i'd give to lock that fucking whore in here with the rest of you" he muttered, lighting a new cigarette. he wasn't fully lying, though the images in his head displayed that he had joined her in the fridge; naked and sweaty, mouths open in ecstasy. he imagined how soft her skin would be, sliding against his, slick with blood. how good her hands would feel pulling the roots of his hair till his scalp turned white. how small and deliciously breakable her throat would feel clenched in his fist, moments from passing out. once realising his fantasy, he slammed the door door closed with a grunt. patrick couldn't believe that after all her bullshit, he was still like putty in her hands. she had everyone in derry in a tight chokehold, dick and balls squeezed too tightly in hand, yet everyone, including patrick, was blinded by her soft lips and vanilla scented hair.