One

BEEP.

BEEP.

BEEP.

My head pounded. It was like a jackhammer was exploding in my brain. What had I done to deserve this? I could hear the neighbours being complete idiots. I wanted to bang their heads together. I could hear the harpies screeching. They were arguing about something, I mean who argued at this time? First this hangover now the neighbours were going out of their way to get themselves killed. This was just icing on the cake.

I couldn’t keep living like this. My mouth was as dry as the Sahara. I just wanted the earth to finally open up and swallow me.

What I wouldn’t give for a drink. Oh wait, that’s why I’m so f*cking hung-over today. I desperately needed a snack.  I wanted to throw my head beneath the covers and ignore it. The soft feel of the linen against my skin was so comforting.

You’ve got work to do. I reminded myself.

I groaned deeply into my pillow, throwing my arm around it. I rolled over and slammed my hand over the stupid alarm clock. I felt it crumble under my hands. It was just too early for this.

I rolled off the safety of my bed onto the floor with a mighty thump. It was pitch black, the sweet scent of food wafting through the floor boards of my shitty apartment. I drooled at the thought of all that food. I imagined sticking my teeth into something warm and juicy. I shook my head. Work first.

I sighed.

I glared at the clock which happily stated it was 8:01. I ran a hand through my blue-black hair and leaned back against the bed frame, trying to remember why I had to get up. My pale skin felt like it was crawling. How bad was that drink last night?

I crawled to the window and peeped through. The sun was just escaping into the horizon, it was definitely getting dark. Night would be here soon.

I smiled. Time to play.

I heard a beep, and dashed across the room. My phone vibrated several times. There was definitely something up. The name flashed on my phone and I couldn’t supress my groan in protest. It was Selena.

“Shit.” I swore.

I had forgotten Selena. She was not going to be happy. I quickly threw on some clothes and checked the messages as I rushed through the door. My hair was in a mess, I’m pretty sure I’d forgotten something at home but there was no way someone could get more than four message from Selena and still be late.

Selena 7:45PM: 3 Rs downtown.

Selena 8:01PM: VLAD WHERE R U?!

Selena 8:10PM: GET UR ASS HERE NOW!

Selena 8:11PM: VLAD IF YOU ARE ANOTHER SECOND LATE…

Selena 8:12PM: Vlad, would you please grace us with your majestic presence before day or I swear to our mighty father in Heaven that I will gut you myself.

The last message was truly terrifying. If Selena was really resulting to full and punctuated sentences in her texts there was definitely going to be some kind of fall out. I flinched at the thought. She had quite the voice when she wanted to yell at you.

I walked onto the roof. I looked down at the thousands of twinkling lights. Hundreds of lives down there. So oblivious to the world around them. Stuck in their tiny little bubbles.   

I grinned from ear to ear. I climbed onto the ledge. I was so close to falling down. This was always my favourite part of coming up here. The fear of oblivion. I loved this feeling.

So close to touching the creator... or spitting in his face.

I was on the 20th floor but it was still quite a view. It was so far down. The dark pavement was lit by the streetlights creating brilliantly creepy shadows. I closed my eyes. I let myself relax and threw myself off the edge.

A/N: NEW STORY! YAY! Dedicated to Sonia_Henry for being such an awesome supporter of You Wish. Her book is awesome check it out "Hoping for Hannah"! Also a massive shout out to my awesome peeps @Edenzcute and @Celtic-frost, who have amazing stories.

Stay beautiful. 

xxLadyKnight