My New Roommate - @theawesomewasabi

My New Roommate by theawesomewasabi

"Wait...so you actually came from a book here? What kind of book has a shadow as a character, ha!" My laughter echoed through the walls. The rusted elevator door rattled beside me. As if I would believe a lie that fake. This was some weird prank, but this guy pulled it off well, huh.

"Are you making fun of me?" The shadow asked with a growl. "I wasn't always a shadow, you know. I was that one attractive main male lead that everyone wanted..."

He paused and I heard a sniffle. Almost like he was crying. 

Wow, great acting. It's as if the shadow was recalling real sad memories or something, ha! Pranks these days are pretty intense, with characters' backstories and all. Ha! I almost started to believe him! 

"If I hadn't been so foolish to try and stay out during the day..." He sniffed again here, ha! "If I had only stayed with the other characters and hid back into our books at two o'clock that night...but it's too late now. I can't get back. And I'm only a shadow now that lingers around this place..."

He sniffed again. His sniffing was awfully loud for a shadow, there's a bad element of his acting right there. I'm such a good dramatic arts student; I can analyze all the mistakes they're making! 

I scoffed at him again. This was getting quite boring with his bad acting. I walked out the door saying over my shoulder, "I'm going back to my friends. Don't pester me anymore."

"Don't go. Don't leave me here alone again....or else." I heard him growl in anger at my leave as the door closed behind me. Was I supposed to be afraid of his threat? What's the worst that could happen? Him bursting his own bubble and appearing in the light of the kitchen where everyone was and I could see him clearly? 

"HA!" I laughed out loud to myself as I entered the kitchen. Taka waved to me, "Hey, where were you? Get over here! We're taking a group picture!"

I scurried into the group of my new and old friends from WattPad and knelt down in the front row next to Jo. 

"One, two, three!" Snap! I winced a little at the flash from the camera. 

After the picture, it was almost time to head home. Finally! I was so tired and exhausted from the busy city of Toronto. On the bus home, I almost fell asleep if it weren't for the alert from my phone. *ping!* 

I squinted at the bright lights inside the bus as I shifted my gaze from the darkness of the night outside the window to my left pocket where my phone was. 

*You have one new message. Taka has sent a photo.* "Huh. Must be the group picture we took." I opened the message and looked at myself in the photo. "Ugh, I look horrible as always." I muttered in my unsatisfied teenage sulking voice. Then my eyes went to the back row of the photo. 

There, standing just behind everyone, was a shadow. It was waving. To me. 

"Let's go to your place, Wasa." I heard him say through my earphones as it laughed happily.