introduction

PARACHUTE

PARACHUTE

INTRODUCTION

Valentina Ramos is the only daughter of one of the most well-respected family of werewolves, coming second only to the Hale family. Her mother, Marisol Gutierrez, and Talia Hale were best friends in high school and raised their families to be strong together in the small town of Beacon Hills. The two Alphas were inseparable, that is until Marisol's husband Sebastian left her and their daughter to seek the affections of Talia. However, karma truly is a bitch, because mere days after his betrayal came his demise as Kate Argent and her co-conspirators set the Hale house ablaze with Sebastian and the entirety of the Hale family inside. Valentina was only eleven years old at the time, but having spent her entire life with the Hale children, her heart ached as she mourned the loss of the siblings she never had and the father who left her behind. The young girl was under the impression that there were no survivors, and Marisol let her believe this because they needed to flee town before the hunters figured out that the Gutierrez pack, who were meant to go down with the Hales, had managed to avoid their planned demise.

And for six years, they continued to dodge the hunters. Marisol moved her daughter and her pack to New Mexico, where they managed to fly under the radar by leading normal lives. The Argents were sure they had died in the fire, and so did the rest of Beacon Hills, but there's only so long you can run from your problems before they all hit you at once. For the Gutierrez pack, this happened after Laura Hale returned to Beacon Hills and was killed by her own uncle, Peter, so that he could rise to the Alpha position. Marisol pulled her daughter out of school as soon as she heard the news and had her pack on lockdown until she was sure that Peter wouldn't find them, but she was worried about the wrong enemy. Gerard Argent had been desperately searching for an Alpha at the time, and while they had successfully remained hidden from the hunters, there were other wolves nearby who were in search of a pack and could sense the presence of a powerful Alpha, and it was this that led Gerard straight to New Mexico.

While Valentina had been spending the night at a friend's house, Gerard found Marisol and killed her in cold blood when she refused to give him the answers he wanted. Little did he know that she had been preparing for that very moment, and her death set in motion the plan she had kept hidden for years. Lorenzo, her second-in-command and the next Alpha, ensured that there was no trace left of Valentina in Phoenix and led the pack to a safe house in Arizona. Marisol's plan was going smoothly, but an unforeseen threat was going to make it all go awry. Valentina was grief-stricken and infuriated, and you can't keep a vengeful werewolf down for long, so when the girl saw an opportunity to go after the man who killed her mother, she took it. She drove for hours with a vendetta in mind and her sights set on her hometown of Beacon Hills, but in her haste to get revenge, she somehow ended up stuck at the only auto repair shop in the small town. Turns out she was never going to have a fighting chance, especially considering that Beacon Hills had bigger problems than a family of hunters. Valentina might've been able to save an innocent life if only she hadn't been paralyzed and wounded by a reptilian creature with scales and claws that secreted a paralytic toxin. As if that hadn't been enough to send her packing, she then discovers that Derek Hale had never died in the fire and that he was now but a shell of the innocent boy she had idolized as a kid.