Chapter 32

Rose's pov

I could hear huge explosions, howls, screams coming from outside. I tried to keep my grandparents, all the human mates and the pups in the pack house calm but I was tensed myself. Lily kept saying inside my head, 'Mate? Mate will be alright? James?!' She was constantly trying to have to communicate with him with her wolf bond, to know if he okay but as me and Alexander had not marked each other yet our wolf bond was not as strong as the other mates in our pack. I always had the solution to every problem, but for the first time I was in a helpless situation. I knew I had to be strong and not shed a tear. My mate, my pack were capable of defeating that filthy rogue, I knew it.

Suddenly I heard someone growling at the entrance of the door. The whole pack house was locked up well and no one could enter but still it scared many people. I quickly gave instructions for everyone to go from the living room to the higher floors inside the pack rooms. Only me and lavender along with the warriors were left behind. Lily was raging inside my head. No way in hell were we going to let these rogues take over this precious pack.

Suddenly lily fell completely silent. Like I couldn't hear anything. I kept calling her but she was not replying at all. Suddenly she howled loudly in despair. 'Lily, what happened?' 'Mate, mate in danger! Danger! Mate! Mate needs us! James...... Mate!' She kept howling.

I knew what to do. I quickly sped up to our ex alpha's room. Alexander had told me to not involve him in this but I couldn't do it anymore. I went rushing inside his room. 'Alpha, our pack needs you, Alpha'. 'I am not the alpha anymore. Alexander is'. His father replied in a low tone. 'Besides that I am not a good alpha. I failed as one. I failed to save my pack, my beloved wife and my unborn daughter. I failed to defeat Mason and protect our pack. I pulled through the years until Alexander turned eighteen, rose. But if I get involved right now I am afraid about the outcome Rose.'

'Alpha, you may think that you have failed as a leader but there are still many people who believe in you. Whatever happened was not your fault. It will never be. It was Mason's. And forget about being an alpha but right now please act as a father. Your son loves you with his whole heart and he needs you right now by his side alpha. He is in danger. He is injured. He needs your presence by his side, mentally and physically. Alexander needs his father.' I said in a pleading voice.

Our alpha looked at me and for the first time I saw tears in his eyes. There were only two drops in his eyes which he quickly wiped away. 'Moon goddess was right. You are a great luna rose. The perfect blend of your father's bravery and your mother's kindness. I will go to help my son.'

'But the entrance is sealed.' I said in a worried voice. 'Don't worry I will exit through the window. Be quick to lock it after I leave. Take care of the pack house.' He said and transformed into his wolf, a magnificent black one just like Alexander's. With a determined look in his eyes he jumped out of the window and went to join the war, to help his pack and his son. I closed the window and a loud howl from a distance indicated that he had reached.