Princes, Dancing in the Dark [Full]

A/N: Okay so the vote was very very  close and while I haven't got to writing  just yet, I've completed the skeleton for the birthday party with Chip's family (it's the ultimate winner ;v; I'm sorry) and I decided to upload the full version of the AU I wrote on Inkitt over here since some of you haven't seemed to have read it??? Helloo??? You have been missing out on good icing??? Just kidding, I mean. Ahem. It's just... the readers who liked this AU are crazy about it, so. 

If you've read it already, you could just skip this :> I'm almost done with Chapter 24 and lol the sexual tension is even more than this one over here wow wow. 

____________________

The long-time tradition of having the royal families across the eight kingdoms in the country meet at its epicentre every five years—sparking some form of controversy every single time they did and in turn, making the headlines for papers across all kingdoms in juicy bits of information.

It would, therefore, be of no surprise that such traditions often led to arranged marriages and talks of alliances and possible kingdom mergers but peace and quiet was not what this story was about today, no. Not some fortune-favoured marriage or Cinderella story about a member of the royal family falling in love with a passing butler or a maid.

This was a story of sheer discord and tension: a clashing of personalities and the intensity of the heat that stemmed from such friction, a pair made perfect for kingdoms of opposing methods of governing, values and rules of state—a story of rivals.

*

Prince Leroy was six when he first met the rumoured glacial beauty of the north. Having lived six years of his life in the heat of an eternal summer, the prospect of the very opposite, an infinite tundra of frost mountains and frozen lakes, was simply unimaginable.

And as though the north had decided to prove him wrong by presenting yet another element of absurdity, it brought him a boy so enchantingly beautiful he could freeze an entire room of eyes.

On him, they were. Prince Julian had hair so soft and pale, it looked to him like snow atop his head, disappearing into the thick coat of fur upon the prince's shoulders. Leroy himself, dressed in nothing but a white dress shirt and mandatory vest for official events like these, couldn't understand how those from the north had the capacity for such clothing. After all, the epicentre of all eight kingdoms was decently warm.

Leroy's royal tutor, Jeremiah Reyes, had once told him that the people of the north revered every bit of fire and warmth and was known to be jealous of those who had the privilege of enjoying such luxuries as were those of the south. And then there were the things he'd heard about the prince born a year later than himself: revered by royalty and commoners alike for his beauty and rumoured silence. Like ice, they had said.

A quiet boy at parties who never really talked.

And to that, Prince Leroy could relate. He was honestly no different, the prince of the kingdom of the south; of bubbling volcanoes and the scorching heat. They adored the prospect of frozen waters and chilled desserts, envious of those who had the privilege of enjoying such luxuries. It's young prince, like the former, was known to be quiet at parties and once prompted to speak, often lit words into flames and fill the room with the scent of smoke.