16. Poison and death

Yoo, thanks for all the positive feedback on this story! I'm glad that you like it :)
This chapter is kinda short/medium, I'm sorry. Homework is getting harder, and i have to study for exams... ;-;

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Hell sent us the most evil disease,
and we humans called it "love"

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*"She's not breathing! She's not breathing!"

"She's not breathing! She's not breathing!"

"Gah!" Varian cried out when Eugene pushed him against a tree, holding him by his blue shirt. His black hair was covering his face, but it wasn't har to see that he was crying.

The man holding him, however, did so too. Your brother was crying his eyes out, and yet still managed to keep and angry face on. He was sad. He was scared for your life and well-being. But sadly, anger is a stronger emotion than fear and sadness. This didn't come Varian to his favor.

"Y-You said you would protect her!" Eugene stammered through gritted teeth, only five inches away from Varian's face, cause they're not gay.

"You hear me?! You said you'd protect her! And now her life is at stake because of you!" Eugene held Varian's shirt all up to his face, shaking him harshly.

Cassandra, not even Rapunzel bothered to pay attention to what looked like a soon-to-be murder of a 15-year-old boy. They were too busy saving you, who still laid on the ground, unconscious.

"I-I-I'm sorry." Varian's voice was shaking, almost as much as his body. His eyes were full of tears that streamed down his face, and onto his clothes. "I-I-I didn't... I didn't mean to, s-she just."

"SHE WHAT!?" Eugene screamed in the poor boy's face.   

"Sh-she jumped in front of me... It-It was... I-It should... It should've been me." Varian stammered. He quickly looked over at you, who were still surrounded by Cass and Rapunzel. You didn't seem to breathe. Varian completely broke down. And Eugene seemed to lose it.

"DAMN STRAIGHT!" Eugene screamed on top of his lungs and slammed his fist in the tree, right next to Varian's face.

They stood like that for some seconds, breathing heavily, crying soundlessly. Then Eugene took Varian by his shoulders hardly. Varian first thought he was done with, but then the Eugene pulled him into a hug. They both cried in each others arms. You were the only "family" left for both of them. They couldn't lose you. Either of them.

Well, two of them.

Cassandra was sure to open your airways, and Rapunzel was trying helplessly to heal you with the power of her hair. But nothing happened.