New Recruit

"Well... y'know that game of hide and seek?" He asked.

"Are you leaving?" I questioned, feeling tears spring to my eyes.

I haven't cried since the night Cassie died.

"No- not at all! But... you are." He said.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Slender says he sees something in you. He thinks you might be able to become... one of us." He said.

"You mean a creepypasta?" I asked quietly.

BEN nodded.

"Does that mean I'm crazy?" I questioned.

"Well... kinda? I mean, you have been telling me how much you want to shove a pen through your therapists throat. And how you want to watch her bleed out. And how you want to-" I cut him off.

"Okay, I get it. But that doesn't mean I'm crazy, right?" I asked.

"Wellll-" I cut him off once again.

"Maybe I am. But so what?!" I yelled a bit too loud.

"Shhhh-!" He shushed me.

"Sorry. But so what if I am? All your friends are, and you are too. I figured you of all people wouldn't care about that." I glared a bit.

"I don't care, I just don't want you to be in denial. Anyways, would you be willing to join us or not?" He asked.

"I don't really have much going for me in normal life right now, so why not? What about my mom, though?" I questioned.

"We'll take care of her, don't worry." He said.

"Don't kill my mom." I quickly said.

"What?! I would never! I love your mom just as much as you do. I mean we'll make sure she doesn't get upset. Slender can manipulate her to think you moved into your school's dorms and are just busy with college." He explained.

"Will I still be able to talk to her?" I asked quietly.

"Of course, in fact you probably would've had to anyways. To keep her from getting suspicious, y'know? Once or twice a month at the least." He clarified.

"Okay. That makes me feel better." I sighed.

"Well, lets go pack." BEN said, grabbing my hand.

"Sure." I smiled, swinging our arms.

———
Once we arrived back home, I grabbed a backpack and started shoving clothes into it.

I packed my chargers and computer, along the basic necessities.

BEN assured me that I would be able to come back and get whatever I needed.

My mom happened to be home at the time so I decided to go and say goodbye.

I saw her on the couch in the living room, so I hugged her and kissed her cheek.

"What's that for?" She asked.

"Just felt like showing some appreciation." I smiled.

"Well, alright." She chuckled and took a sip of her coffee.

I went back upstairs and saw BEN was waiting for me, my bag already through the screen.

He took my hand and helped me into the computer.

Jeff was waiting on the other side, just like last time.

He caught me before I hit the ground, then gave me a tight hug.

I hugged him back, a bit confused.

"I'm sorry I wasn't there to comfort you when your friend passed away again. BEN seemed like he had it handled, so Slender made me come back with him and explain to everyone else why they wouldn't get to meet you." He said quickly.

"Jeff, it's fine. I'm okay." I smiled, breaking the hug.

He nodded a bit and looked behind me.

His eyes widened a bit, which I didn't think was possible.

I turned around and saw BEN standing there, arms crossed, eyebrow raised.

"What's this? Trying to steal my girl again?" BEN said, annoyed.

"No. If I wanted to steal your girl, she would already be mine." Jeff smirked.

Again, how is that even possible?

"Pfft. You wish. Right, babe?" BEN said cockily.

"BEN. Shut up." I sighed, rubbing my temples.

"Ok." BEN mumbled.

Jeff left the room and BEN helped me unpack.

He told me that we would be sharing a room, since we did when he was living with me, anyways.

I was fine with that, as long as he agreed to not be creepy.

He agreed, then opened an empty dresser drawer, and his closet, which had half of it emptied.

"These are for you, and there's another smaller drawer for your socks and stuff." He announced, opening another dresser drawer.

"Thanks." I smiled, kissing his cheek before beginning to unpack.

He stood still for a few seconds, stunned.

He rubbed his cheek, his eyes wide.

"BEN we've literally made out before, stop acting like this is the first time I've kissed you." I rolled my eyes, smiling a bit.

"I know, but I can't help it. I feel just as happy as the first time you kissed me." He said, smiling brightly.

"LOOK! ITS HER!" We heard a voice yell.

BEN looked at the door, his eyes widening as we saw a large crowd gather around his bedroom door.

"Oh shit." He mumbled.

I stood completely still, not sure on what to do.

BEN stepped in front of me and held his hands up.

"Guys. She just got here. Let her settle in before you bombard her." He said loudly.

A hush fell over the crowd and I saw Toby making his way through.

"Toby!" I yelled, smiling.

He smiled back and squeezed his way into the room.

He gave me a tight hug and kissed my cheek.

"I missed you!" I said happily.

"I missed you too." He said, breaking the hug and putting his arm around my shoulders.

"How come he gets to talk to her?!" A voice yelled, angry.

"Because I know her, you swine." Toby said, sticking his tongue out at them.

"Toby, don't make them even more mad!" I whisper-yelled.

"They won't hurt you, (Y/N). They're just excited to have someone new in the house. We haven't had a new recruit in 4 years." He said calmly.

"(Y/N)!"