Indebted

Hardin up closeee

"Dammit...." she muttered under her breath. She tapped the paper three times, right where her name was. "I'm gonna fail English... Jesus it's my first language and I can't speak ittttt!"

She nodded her head at a nerdy looking boy. "Hey, you. What's an adverbial?"

"Uh, do i know you?"

"....No."

"Then get tutoring."

"Yeesssssh.... people these days."

A thud was heard, resounding from a locker.

She spun around, looking for someone who looked smart, only to be met with Justin.

She groaned. "I hope you died."

He chuckled, pressing two fingers up to his mouth to silence himself.

"Shame. I don't think I want to." He leaned against the wall beside her, smirking.

"Is it done?"

"...Yes."

"And how did you do?"

"Asked him for help in algebra."

Justin's eyes widened and he pushed her against the wall, pinning her wrists.
"Are you fucking kidding me, Y/N?"

She glared at him, not daring to flinch. "No. You don't know what he did to me, so I can approach him the way I like."

"And what he did to you he'll do ten times worse to your little boyfriend, so I suggest you make some progress." He hissed, releasing her wrists.

She rubbed them.

"Y/N, you're driving me mad." He rubbed his temples.

"Why do you care, again?"

"You'll see." But in all honesty, Justin couldn't remember why.

She looked so helpless. Was he pleased or annoyed that he caused that pained expression?

He tsked, turning away from her. "I'm off."

"Yeah. Won't miss you."

He held up a hand, stabbing his middle finger into the air as he walked off.

"Oh fuck you."
She muttered, under her breath.

"What was that?"

She screeched, jumping double her height.

A deep voice chuckled beside her.

"Y/N, are you ok?"

"H-Hardin...?" She whispered, shyly turning her face towards him, locks of H/C streaking her vision of the malicious looking boy.

"Guilty." He raised his hands to rest them behind his head.

"What the hell are you doing here?"

"I can tell when a damsel is in distress."

She looked concerned.

"Just kidding. I saw you talking to someone, and I'd thought I'd come over and say hi. Who was that?"

"No one."

He wasn't convinced. "Bad test scores?"

"The worst."

"Let me help you. You can come over to my place."

"Hardin, I think I'm good."

"Oh, cmon Y/N."

The bell rang, and Y/N slammed her locker in time with the steady ring.

"No, I gotta lot of homework."

"Let me help you with that."

Within the midst of the crowd walking past, within the sniggers and glares, and the gossip, Y/N made eye contact with Justin.

He raised a brow, probing at Go on...

The video. During everything, Callum, the scandal, Justin, blood, wounds, nausea, she would pass out.

Hardin seemed to read her mind:

"For old times sake... don't you owe me this much?" He whispered. It was dangerous.

It was risky.

But saving Callum was more important.

"I guess I'm in your debt... if you help me, of course."

Hope you guys had a great week!!
Thanks so much for bearing with me :)))

35 votes for next chapter