Chapter 17

Arnav's POV

I stare at Khushi who leaves the house with anger. This is not the Khushi I knew... she valued marriage and wouldn't have taken such a bold step such as divorce... but then again, I am not the same ASR. Lavanya was right, I did cheat her but Khushi... I never cheated her... I love her to bits... then... she was the one who cheated on me... if she didn't leave me for Nk... then this situation wouldn't have occurred... I can't believe she has a son with him.

Mami (angry) - Arnav bitwa... was phati saree saying the truth? Did you force her to marry you?

Me (annoyed) - YES DAMMIT! I forced her... I forced her so di could have a happy married life...but I have no regrets... as she ended up cheating me as well...

Di (angry) - How could you choote? Yes, I hate Khushi... but I am a woman as well and I wouldn't want to be forced into a marriage with anyone... I wouldn't want to be blackmailed either... and you did all this for me... wow... choote... if you knew Shyam was such a bad guy then instead of encouraging his behaviour you should have exposed him... you shouldn't have forced Khushi to live with you... that's just wrong...

Sheetal (annoyed) - No di, you were pregnant ... What ASR did was right... he thought about you and decided to keep it hidden so you were happy during your pregnancy...

Di (annoyed) - No Sheetalji... I would prefer real happiness instead of fake ones...

Me (angry) - What the... you all are blaming me... she was the one that cheated me... she was the one that left me... and yet you all are blaming me... and di... you would prefer real happiness over fake ones... right? Then why the f**k did you let him enter our house when you were pregnant... despite the evidence against him...

Di (annoyed) - As unlike you... I trusted my husband fully... but after he murdered my Rajkumari... I left him... I don't regret my choice... of trusting him... just because someone says to me... that your husband is not the correct person, doesn't mean... I will divorce him... or show a lack of trust in him... I do regret that I chose the wrong person to trust... but I am glad that at least, I showed faith in my husband... but... I am so disappointed in you choote for torturing Khushi... even though I hate her... I wouldn't want that to happen to anyone...

Di leaves the room, while Sheetal goes running after her.

Mami (annoyed) - Arnav bitwa... I didn't expect this for you...

What has this Khushi done that is making my entire family hates me? I did this all for di, but even di doesn't like the fact that I took the bold step. I angrily left the room. I start to break the things... those frames of Khushi... those frames of us as a couple and after a while, I sit in the room feeling dejected.

Flashback ~ A month after Khushi leaves RM

The house had lost the happiness, ever since Khushi had left. I walk inside the house, after my tiring day at AR to see Nani looking at me dejectedly. A lot has changed ever since Khushi left. I started to regret ignoring her and torturing her, maybe if I wasn't so ruthless and heartless to her then she wouldn't have left. If I could go back to the past and fix my mistakes then I would... I can't live without her. I shouldn't have given more importance to Sheetal, my wife should have been my main priority and I should have yelled at Aarav whenever he disrespected Khushi... I am sorry Khushi... come back.

Everything has changed in the house, the breakfast and lunch were now made my mami while the dinner was made by di. I used to constantly get up early and come home late, as I felt that if I had time for myself then I will only think about Khushi.

Nani (worried) - Choote... you need to cut down the money you give to Anjali... she is giving half the money you give to Sheetal and her son... it has only been 3 weeks since she left... and Anjali has started giving her money... and she is constantly nagging me to let Sheetal live here... I want you to give her less money so she learns the value behind the money and also so that she stops giving money to people that don't deserve your hard-working money...