Brexit

Brexit one of the most controversial events in the early 21st century to understand Brexit we must go back to the past on how The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland joined The European Union.

The European Economic Community was formed in 1958 with its founding members France, Belgium, Luxembourg, The Netherlands, Italy and The West Germany however, The European Economic Community's original aim is to unite Europe through economics and to end the endless and bloody wars between their neighbors, in 1961 to 1972 The United Kingdom has filed an application requesting to join the European Economic Community but was vetoed of President De Gauelle of France but, in 1973 the application of the United Kingdom to join the European Economic Community was signed and in 1973 officially The United Kingdom of Great Britain and northern Ireland successfully joined the Union.

Joining the Union in 1973 was quite controversial to Britons and 2 years later in 1975 the first referendum was held astonishingly 67% of the Britons voted to stay the European Economic Community.

In 1993 The European Economic Community turned into The European Union as we know today, but The European Union influence within its members states grew not just economically but also politically, The European Union membership from 6 in 1960 turned into 28 member states including Poland, Sweden, Greece, Austria, Spain, Portugal and a lot more.

The European Union influence grew, Brussels was able to control each and every laws and regulations within its borders both in economics and politics. Example If you are living in Italy and you wanted to live in The United Kingdom you may live and work in the UK because Italy and UK are part of the EU, each 28 member states and each citizen of the 28th states are EU citizens they can move around freely, and so as the trade, The European Union controls the regulations both imports and exports. as a result each 28th members state and its independent government became more of less influence within their country's borders, regulations and trade laws, and never forget the fact that European union has single largest market in the world. In 1989 the east and west Germany reunited and it became the largest economy in the European Union, The Unified Germany in 1999 proposed a regulation creating the Euro zone a common currency in the European Union which The United Kingdom refused to use as its currency. Today 19 out of 28 member state uses Euro as its currency.

But, in 2014 European-Migrant Crisis test the unity of the Union, The Syrian Civil War broke out, and mass refugees are fleeing to Europe most commonly in Greece and southern Europe. Germany one of the key players in the European Union accepted millions of Syrian refugees and offer a quarter of them a German citizenship which basically means Euro Citizenship which a lot of countries within the EU especially UK opposed, it spark some controversial questions of the credibility and the unity of the European Union itself urges the far right political parties in the United Kingdom to leave the European Union to become more independent away from Brussels in able for the British government to control their trade, borders and policies.

In 2016 under Prime Minister David Cameron The United Kingdom held a referendum either to leave the EU or to stay, 51% voted to leave the EU while 48% voted to stay in the EU, overwhelmingly England and Wales voted to leave the EU while the Northern Ireland and Scotland overwhelmingly voted to stay, questioning the Union itself, The United Kingdom's government since 2016 hasn't been yet delivered the Brexit it has been 3 years since the referendum after Former Prime minister Theresa May's attempts to deliver Brexit but failed because of the Pro-EU sentiment in the British parliament, on July Theresa May step down as Prime minister of the UK and the Conservative party elected a new prime minister Mr. Boris Johnson a former mayor of London and promised that he will deliver Brexit on October the 31st but failed to do so because of the deadlock in the parliament, the parliament rejected his no deal plan, leaving the EU on October 31st and his deal with the EU, leaving him with no option but to have an early election on December to obliterate the deadlock in the parliament.

The United Kingdom future relays on Brexit and it may change its demographics, political landscape and also its economy, no one knows the future of the UK what do people know is the future of The United Kingdom is uncertain.

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED (2019)

Writer: Joseph C. Montante