𝟘𝟜- ✯ℙ𝕚𝕣𝕒𝕥𝕖𝕤✯

I helped Sarah at the Inn for a couple hours in silence, that is until I had to go home. "Hey, Uh, Sarah?" She stopped what she was doing"Yes (Y/n)?"

"How bad was he tonight?"

That has always been the question of the day, since my mom died, it's always 'how bad was he?' Or 'did he bring someone home tonight?' I'd get beat and thrown if I did one thing wrong, even if I did nothing at times, he'd just be in a bad mood and need a punching bag.

"Well, he drank a lot today, and picked up some lady" I sighed and shook my head. 'If I come home while he's with the girl, I might as well dig my grave.'

"Can I Uh, can I spend the night here?" I rubbed the back of my neck as she nodded her head"of course, you know where the rooms are" I smiled a bit at her"thanks"

I headed up the steps, the hallway was long and full of different rooms, one of them being Jim's. His door was closed, I knocked"Jim?" No reply, so I knocked again, and opened the door.

"Jim you in here?"

His room looked almost completely different as when he was a kid, pirate boats laid on top of the books on shelves, the walls no longer holding the stickers and flags, the pirate chest now gone from his room. Of course it was still as messy as ever, clothes and books laid thrown about on the ground, designs of different solar Surfers taped on his wall.

There was no sign of Jim in the room, his bed was surprisingly made, as I made my way over to it, careful not to step on anything. Once I got to the bed I sat down on it, looking over to the nightstand, something caught my eye. A picture of me and Jim a couple years back, he had his arm wresting on my shoulders, I was in a short sleeve shirt, we both had giant smiles on our faces.

That picture was taken a year before my mom died, I looked at my arms in that picture, rolling up my sleeve I looked back and forth from the spotless arms in the picture, to my now bruised and scarred ones. I felt myself gripping the sides of the frame in anger as a tear slid down my cheek. I suddenly felt myself break down, as I sat there crying, hugging the picture to my chest.

'Mom, I wish you were here, you always knew what to do'

"James Pleiades Hawkins!"

My head shot up as I quickly stood up, rolling down my sleeve, wiping my face, causing the picture to fall as the glass cracked. I wiped my tears as I mumbled a "shoot." I quickly picked up the frame and put it back.

I ran out the door not bothering to shut it, and ran down the steps, a salamander like creature was laying on the ground in front of Jim and his mom as Doppler slammed the front door.

"He'll be comin' soon"

He started pressing buttons on the chest as I knelt down next to Jim, the guys chest opened, taking out something wrapped in cloth"Can't let them find this"

"Who's coming?"

He grabbed Jim's shirt, forcing him down as the guy whispered (very loudly, might I add) "the cyborg" he gasped and continued"beware the cyborg!" The guy suddenly dropped dead as Jim held whatever was wrapped in cloth in his hands.

A noise outside made us all look over to the widow, Jim walked over and slightly opened the shade, only for him to close it"Quick! We gotta go!" Jim was quick to grab mine and his mom's hand as he dragged us up the steps. Doppler was close behind as he said"I believe I'm with Jim on this one!"

Doppler opened a window and yelled out it"Delilah! Delilah!" Delilah started to move in excitement"stay! Don't move!" Me and Jim looked back only to see the shadows of pirates. Doppler and Sarah now stood on the edge of the window"Don't worry Sarah, I'm an expert in the laws of physical science." Jim was quick to grab my hand"on the count of three. One.."

"Three!"

Jim cut him off as he ran at them dragging me along pushing them out the window as the two of us jumped out.

I heard a grunt below me as I landed, I looked behind me only to see Jim, with a surprised look on his face, with a pink color on his cheeks, I quickly turned back around to avoid the blush crawling up to my cheeks. I slid off to the side so I now sat next to him instead.

I looked over at Sarah only to see her looking back, when she turned around she stuck her head in her hands. I gave her a sympathetic look as Jim unwrapped the cloth, I watched him examine the sphere in deep thought, I stared at him for awhile. Until Jim asked"What is it?" Looking over towards me, a brow slightly raised.

I shook my head a bit"Nothing" a smile slightly graced my lips as I now stared out in front of me. I sighed a bit to myself 'he has no clue what he does to me.'