Chapter 1

It was a dark and stormy night, inside a creepy haunted castle. 

You'd think it would be crazy or even out of the question to ever set foot inside a haunted castle on a night like this. 

But really, it was just another night for a specific group of five friends known as Mystery Inc. Fred Jones, Daphne Blake, Velma Dinkley, Shaggy Rogers, Walter Harpercop, and of course, their cowardly great dane, Scooby Doo. 

The gang was all in complete silence, hiding away in the castle when a terrifying green monster suddenly tore apart the door they were hiding behind. 

The gang screamed and ran off in their separate directions. 

Walter was running with Shaggy who was screaming his head off while trying to get away from the monster. The two men ran into a room where Shaggy immediately locked the door. They then saw another door where they could escape. 

But when they opened it, the monster was right there in front of them! 

Shaggy screamed out of pure terror. But Walter was brave and socked the monster clear in the nose. The monster growled and stepped back, clutching onto its nose in pain while Shaggy tried to open the locked door but ended up breaking the doorknob instead. 

"Come on!" Walter grabbed Shaggy's hand and the two of them ran out of the room while the monster was distracted. 

"Scooby-Doo, where are you?!" Shaggy shouted out, while running through the castle hallways with Walter. 

As Walter and Shaggy continued running through the castle, Shaggy crashed right into Scooby. But Shaggy still kept running with Scooby on his back and Walter following besides the cowardly duo. 

The three of them did their best to evade the monster, but the monster was quick. They ran away screaming. Well, just Scooby and Shaggy. Walter wasn't afraid of no monster and wanted to face it. 

But the monster was now currently after Fred and the girls, having trapped them at the edge of a balcony. Daphne and Velma nearly fell off the old balcony as the ground crumbled beneath them, but thankfully Fred caught them. 

The monster was about to finish them off, but Scooby lured the monster away without meaning to. The great dane slid down the banister and swung from the chandelier, and with that his antics paid off when it helped the gang finally catch the monster. 

Shaggy and Walter soon came and helped Fred pull the girls back up to safety. 

"Good work, gang" Walter told his friends once everyone was safe and unharmed. 

The gang then came back inside and Velma removed the mask from the monster, revealing the culprit. 

"Like, it's Mr. Beeman! The real estate agent" Shaggy gasped. 

"Rister Reeman?" Scooby Doo questioned.

"Yeah, he was printing millions of counterfeit dollars in the basement with his printing press" Velma explained. Then removing the gloves off his hands. "What we originally thought was mold was really green ink. See?"

Mr Beeman then growled in his defeat. "And I would've gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for that big dog and you meddling kids!"

Scooby giggled while placing the monster mask on his right paw, but it was a lot creepier then it looked and frightened the poor dog. 

Walter smiled at the cowardly great dane then to the rest of his friends. 

It was yet another successful mystery solved...

Present Day~

We are now shown Walter wearing some regular work clothes, looking a little dirty as he was working away in a mechanics shop. 

It had been awhile now since the Mystery Inc gang solved their last mystery together. Truth be told, it had gotten a little boring to them and the gang decided to go their separate ways. 

Daphne, along with Fred, were now running a successful television show called 'Coast to Coast with Daphne Blake'. Velma opened up her own book story, selling books of the gang's mystery adventures. And Scooby and Shaggy were, well... They were Scooby and Shaggy, bouncing from job to job. 

It was nice for the gang to be taking a little break. But they all still missed each other. 

Walter sighed just thinking about his 5 bestest friends. He felt so lonely without them. 

Walter then looked up at the TV, taking a quick break from his work to watch Daphne on her show. She was discussing what was coming up next for her season, explaining how she intended to find some Real haunted houses this time. 

"It's too bad the rest of the old gang won't be along for the ride" The female news reporter, who was interviewing Daphne said. 

"Yeah," Daphne sighed. "I really miss them..."

"Right back at you, Daph" Walter told Daphne while watching her on TV. 

The young man then sighed with a frown, hanging his head as he said almost in a whisper. "I miss all of you..."

Just then...

"Hey, Walter!" an elderly man who was the manager called, appearing at the doorway. "We got a customer who says he wants his car ready by 3. I need you to get on it" he said. 

"Sure, Dad. I got it" Walter replied. 

Walter watched his father leave, then sighed and went towards the back office room. 

Walter opened the door and came inside where he was alone and placed his hands on the desk, sighing. 

As much as he wanted to get back together with his friends, he had something more important to do right now...

Walter came up to his jacket on the coat rack, reached into its pocket and took out a small box. He then opened the box, revealing a beautiful ring inside...

That's right! For awhile now, Walter was planning on proposing to his girlfriend, Jane. 

He had come into the back room to practice on his proposal. He wanted it to go off without a hitch. He was planning to call Jane that afternoon to meet with her and ask her the big life-changing question. 

But Walter was nervous as he sighed again. What was he going to say to her?...

Just then, the telephone rang and Walter answered it. 

"Hello?" Walter said, wondering who it was. 

The young man's face soon lit up. "Freddy!"

Yep, it was Fred Jones, and he was calling Walter for something important...

"Yeah... Uh-huh... Really!..." Walter said while chatting with Fred on the phone. 

"Oh my gosh..."

"Yes! Absolutely! Count me in!" Walter told Fred, then soon hung up the phone. 

Walter got on his jacket and put the box with the proposal ring back in his pocket. He was just gonna have to wait a little longer to ask Jane to marry him. 

Walter then prepared to leave the shop. 

It looks like Fred had something special planned for the Mystery Inc gang. And Walter couldn't wait to get started with it....