Team

The sports center is cool actually, all of the guys seem nice and I think I could get along with really any of them.

Try outs were easy, well at least I think. Or maybe I absolutely sucked balls. We'll find out.

"Yoooo dude," this dark skinned guy said , and made his way toward me.

"Hey," I replied, he stuck his hand out and we shook up.

"You were really good, do you think you'll make it?" He said, taking a seat next to me on the bleacher I was on.

"I think I did okay, I don't know, how do you think you did?" I replied, looking back at him.

He had brown eyes, and his hair had waves, which I just noticed he held a durag in his hand.

He chuckled light heartedly.
"I'm maliki what's your name?" He said.
"Benji," I replied.
"Nice, well, benji, I think you did great out there, I'm positive you'll make the team," he said.

"Oh cool, when do we find ou-"

"Benji Krol, number 28," the coach said, interrupting me. I walked up to him and accepted my jersey.

I turned around and was greeted with malikis smile.
"See man, you did great," he said. I nodded.

"Maliki Winston, 36," the coach said, and he went up to get his.

He came back and slung his jersey loosely over his shoulder.

"So, who'd you get stuck with as a bunk mate?"He said, laughing lightly.

"Uhh his name is Jorge," I said. And his face went from light hearted to worried .

"Jorge garay?" He said. I shrugged, I didn't know his last name
"I think so," I replied simply, wanting the conversation of Jorge to be over, not liking the disrespectful tone.

"Gay?" He said, his eyebrows furrowed. I paused, wondering why it mattered, but replied anyway.

"Yeah, I think so, why?" I asked, crossing my arms.

"Pretty much every year he tries to get with his bunk mate, has he tried that with you"

I thought back to my dream. It was strange, I've never had a sexual interaction with another guy, and I know I'm straight, but it made me feel some type of way.

And I couldn't figure out if it was good.

But Jorge couldn't of have anything to do with the dream. I exhaled.

"Uhm, uh, no. No he hasn't," I said, very unconvincingly. Maliki's frown dropped and instantly his smile returned.

"Oh, okay, keep and eye out, and if you ever need a replacement bunk mate I'm here, cabin 237," he said, then patted me on the shoulder.

I nodded.
"Thanks man," I said, trying to return to the conversation from earlier.

"What do you know about Abby?" I asked, he was taken aback.

"Roberts? Uh, she's cute I guess. She likes art, she does makeup in the art department." He shrugged, and then took the jersey from his shoulder and started inspecting it.

I inwardly sighed at the vagueness of the answer, and decided to try again.

"Cool. She single?" I asked, and he laughed.

"Heh, dude, don't even try," he said, and went back to looking at his jersey.

I was at a loss from the vagueness. He's a really nice guy, but he's not helping very much.

"Wait, why?" I asked. And without looking up from his jersey he said
"You didn't hear it from me but she's kind of a hoe,"
And in the heat of the moment, and my frustration, I said
"So?"
He looked up at me through his eyelashes
"So?", he repeated, in a sarcastic tone.

"I'm kinda a hoe too. Well not really. Okay maybe I'm not. I don't know,I think she's different than that." I said, stumbling over my words .

He shrugged.
"I mean hey, you do what you want I'm just saying what I know. Practice starts tomorrow at 10am, before that we have veiwing,"he said, and then got up and turned to walk away.

"Veiwing?" I asked. I find it kind of frustrating that I'm learning more from the kids here than the actual administrators.

"Where you go and view the other clubs so see if you'd be interested in doing more than one," he said, turning to walk again but I interrupted him yet again.

"Nice, when does that start? Maybe I'll
Visit Abby," I said, possibly because I could, mainly to piss him off.

"8am. And good luck dude," he said, and started to jog off, probably so I couldn't ask any more questions.

I grabbed my jersey from beside me and started to walk off towards my cabin, eager to get there as I was starving.