38

Nicolette's POV
Malcom, the person who brought me so much much pain, is supposed to be my will to live. At first it was my parents but now they're gone. Then Malcom appeared.

I imagine loving him would be like falling in love with darkness. I couldn't imagine anything more but his dark side is just an illusion, his protection.

I didn't try to move from Malcom's hold on me. I didn't want to move. I was so comfortable and I felt safe here, in his arms. I watched the sunrise and peak through the cracks between the curtains.

I would give up everything just to see my family again. To see my mom's warm smile and my dad's soft eyes. Just one more time so that I could hug them but they're dead and in one week it'll be my birthday, and they're death anniversary and I can't leave to visit their graves.

I sniffled and wiped my tears off my face before it could soak into Malcom's chest. I've cried so many times this month I'm surprised I even have tears left to cry.

Malcom and I had not moved from this damned uncomfortable arm chair the whole night, but he made it so comfortable. I wondered if he was uncomfortable.

There was a soft knock on the door. I waited for a few seconds to make sure that Malcom had not waken up from that knock. I gently lift his arms off of my and I slip away from his body.

I opened the door and I saw Seth and Lucas standing in front of the door. Lucas stuck his face closer to me and smelled me. I scoffed and slapped him.

"That's rude," I scold as I close the room door.

"And that hurt," Lucas pouted. Seth let out a laugh as he pat Lucas' back. Lucas rolled his eyes and I shot him daggers. "You smell like him."

"Whatever that doesn't matter," Seth said fanning his hand in front of Lucas' face. "I came here to apologize for being a part of Malcom's games yesterday."

"No it's fine," I said. I let out a yawn and stretched my arms and legs. "Malcom is still sleeping I think if you wanted something from him."

"The only thing is that rogues attacked the western border but the guards took care of it," Lucas said after he stopped pouting over his face.

"Great can I go back to sleep?" I ask.

"Yeah," Lucas quickly says.

"Wh- but what about?" Seth starts to say before Lucas covers his mouth with his hand. Seth growls and then Lucas brings his hand back quickly.

"What the hell man," he said wiping his hand on his shirt. Seth let out a snicker but I was confused on why I couldn't go back to sleep.

"What about what?" I ask Seth. There was no smile on my face but I stared at him waiting for his answer. Seth suddenly didn't talk, didn't say a word to me.

"If you don't tell me now I'll forcefully get it out of you," I said lifting my hand up. His eyes widened and he groaned.

"Damn that's not fair," he grumbles. "There was a box delivered to my office with an unknown smell and labeled for you."

"Me?" I questioned. He nods. I let out a curse as I rub my temples and sigh. I look back to my room door and then back to them.

"What time is it?" I ask them. Lucas looks down at his watch and silently counts the little ticks on it. I roll my eyes as I wait and tap my fingers together.

"10:38," he finally told me. Damn I've been watching the sun rise for a long time. I nod and walk back into the room. I lightly tap on Malcom's shoulder and he jolts awake.

"I think there's something you should see."
———
We stood in front of the box in Seth's office and looked at it carefully. We all watched carefully as if something was going to jump out at us if were weren't careful.

I lift my hands towards it and the lid flew open. I swear I saw all three men jump back. I rolled my eyes and stalked to it slowly. I looked over the edges and saw a calendar.

"What is it?" Malcom's voice broke the silence. I took out the calendar which was opened to November. Two dates were circled in a red pen or marker.

The first one was November 28 and 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY' was written above it in capital letters. The second one was November 30 but there was no further date.

"It's your birthday in 5 days?" Lucas questions. I simply nod but still worrying about the unsettling fact that something is going to happen November 30th and I don't know what it is.

"Why didn't you tell us?" Malcom questions. I fold the calendar and shove it in my pocket and throw the box to the side.

"Because it's not relevant to my stay here and I hate people celebrating on my birthday," I said. "It's not really a fond memory of mine." I walked out of the room without muttering a word.

"Why did someone send you a calendar?" Malcom asks me as he rubs up next to me. I shrug still not saying anything. He speeds up then stops right in front of me. "What's wrong."
Not a question, a demand.

"I don't know Malcom. Maybe it's the fact that something is going to happen November 30th and it's not going to be good because one person knows my birthday and Beck knows better than to let other people know. Whoever sent this to me knows things about me and if they know me then something happening a November 30th and I can't stop it. If something goes wrong in these pack borders, I won't be able to leave. I'll be trapped for whoever is looking or me to find," I exhale.

I grumble as I walk around him and take my jacket off and tossing it on the ground. I shift into my wolf and burst out of the nearest door I could find.
———
Hello! This chapter on the short side because I hurt my arm and typed this with one hand so pls forgive any spelling mistakes!

Don't forget to vote and comment!
Xoxo Emma