28 ★ Your atmosphere

𝕐𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝔸𝕥𝕞𝕠𝕤𝕡𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕖 𝕁𝕠𝕙𝕟 𝕄𝕒𝕪𝕖𝕣

"I'm gonna steer clear,

burn up in your atmosphere

cause I'd die if I saw you,

and I'd die if I didn't see you"

Hendrix POV

     I snuck out of my class half an hour early when Cedric sent me a flirty text insisting that he take me out on a date. As soon as I read it, I was completely giddy.

     I still am, even as I rush across campus on my bike, determined to dress in something cute. I'm a simple girl, I like to impress my man. What's so wrong with that?

     When I get to the apartment, it's empty. No one's home. I thank my lucky stars. I don't have to explain where I'm going to my friends. I doubt they would be very happy. I would still end up going regardless of what they would say at the notion.

     I fly to my closet, scouring the shelves and hangers for the perfect dress. I have to remind myself that it's still cold outside, and it's only getting colder. Leggings are an essential. I throw on a pretty mustard orange dress that flows around my thighs. It's a little shorter than most of my skirts and dresses, but that's what I'm going for.

     Maybe tonight will finally be the night I seduce him.

     A grin curls on my face at the thought. Cherry thinks he can resist, but I'm much more charming than he knows. I apply some makeup, checking the clock to make sure I have enough time before he comes to pick me up. A little bit of eyeshadow and eyeliner never hurt nobody.

     I fluff my hair a little, trying to embrace the mass of waves and curls on my head. They're too long, too frizzy, but they're part of me. And Cherry assures time that they're beautiful. I smile at myself in the mirror. Excitement sizzles inside me, threatening to burn my insides.

     Every time I think of Cedric butterflies fill my chest. I've been spending more time with him than Miranda and Stacey, but I don't feel guilty about it. They don't like Cedric, and that's plain to see.

     Maybe that's why I've been avoiding them. I don't like to hear about how much they hate him. He's everything to me, and if they can't support that, then they aren't good friends. They should just realize that I'm going to be with him regardless of what they say.

     I shoot Miranda a text to let her know I'm staying at his place again, and that I'll be with him all afternoon. Like a nagging parent, she's always keeping tabs on where I am. I feel like a teenager sneaking out. Oh wait, I am a teenager. Except she isn't my mom.

     Spending time with Cherry makes me feel a lot older. More mature. He helps me forget myself.

     When I hear a car horn blare outside, I know he's here. I do a little jump in anticipation. I grab my bag, taking the stairs two at a time. The big, black suburban makes me grin. He keeps borrowing it from Savannah since it's cold. I know he loves his motorcycle, but he loves me more, even if he hasn't explicitly said so.

     I told him I loved him, and he said I complete him, which is basically the same thing as 'I love you too'. Hearing the word love would mean a great deal to me, though. I wonder if he will ever say it. I try not to let that get to me.

     When I tiptoe through the snow, and Cedric jumps out of the suburban to haul me into his arms, it shows that he loves me. Love is more than words. Love is action.