[30] The final trial Pt 2

"That's the truth of this case, of the killing game itself." Shuichi concluded. "Well, Shirogane-san?"

"Y-Yes! What a scorching hot twist!" Monokuma exclaimed. "My hand holding the detonator is tensing up!"

"D-Don't get tense! Calm down!" Monotaro yelled.

"Daddy! Please stop this! Go back to how you used to love us oh-so much!" Monophanie begged.

"How I used to be... was more suited to a different story than this one." Monokuma said.

"...Huh?"

"Basically, your story doesn't matter! I gotta watch this exciting development!"

"Well, Shirogane-san? Are there any flaws in Saihara-kun's logic?" Kiibo asked. "If so, then... please tell us."

"F-Flaws? There's a bunch of flaws... all over it." Tsumugi sweated.

"Then explain." Maki demanded.

"Y-You can do it! You can do it, Shirogane!" Himiko cheered.

"E-Even if you cheer me on... It's not like that! I didn't do it! It's plain to see!" Tsumugi cried out.

"It's not. Hurry up and give us a proper reason to believe you." Ichika grumbled, glaring at Tsumugi.

Monokuma tensed up again. "Fight back, Shirogane! C'mon! You can do it, you can do it!"

"Daddy, you're tensing up again!" Monophanie screamed.

"I still wanna live so please don't push the button!" Monotaro begged.

"Tsumugi, please just say something!" Shuichi gritted his teeth. "If you don't defend yourself-"

"It's Enoshima Junko!" Tsumugi interrupted.

"...What?"

"Cuz... it's always been her. In the Hopes Peak killing game and in the Jabberwock Island killing game... Enoshima Junko didn't participate. She controlled the game from the outside. Even if it's boring and repetitive, she's always the mastermind, isn't she? Then it's like that this time, too! It's gotta be Enoshima again!"

"Enoshima Junko is dead." Maki snapped. "She's not part of this killing game."

"Y-You're wrong... She hasn't been eliminated... She's... It's all Enoshima's doing! This killing game is her doing too! Yeah! That's gotta be it! Cuz Enoshima Junko is..." Tsumugi trailed off.

"Enoshima Junko is...?" Monokuma tilted his head.

"Cuz Enoshima Junko is..."

"Enoshima Junko is!?"

"Daddy, please don't get so excited! You'll press the button by accident!" Monophanie cried out.

"Look at our cute faces!" Monotaro pointed at his and Monophanies face. "Can you really bear to be without us!?"

"Enoshima Junko is..." Tsumugi trailed off again.

"Enoshima Junko is what!?" Monokume barked. "...Okay, time for a commercial break."

"No it isn't!" Monophanie huffed.

"See, we're a good comedy group, too!" Monotaro exclaimed. "So please don't-" Monokuma slammed his paw down on the red button and the two remaining Monokubs finally blew up.

Tsumugi wrapped her arms around herself, and a dense, white fog surrounded her. "Cuz... Enoshima Junko is... Enoshima... Junko is..."

"Right the fuck here!" A completely different, loud and boisterous voice came from inside the fog. The fog disappeared and-