Disputing Chance

The Kitchen was as I remembered it. I felt a bit clumsy and out of place in such a lovely room as I looked through the cupboards, luckily I was able to make myself an egg as a quick breakfast and headed back towards my room.

The wolves weren't there anymore, neither was Alexa, but I hadn't expected them to be.

Entering my room, I brushed my teeth really quick before heading out again to look for them.

It wasn't hard to find them since the other wolves were chatting/arguing at her and I was able to catch up.

"Why don't we try explaining our situations one at a time?" I suggested and Alexa smiled at me, clapping her hands together once.

"Great idea!" She said loudly to quiet the squabbling pair.

"How about we all go into the living room and discuss!" She said and gestured towards the living room, the other werewolves were a bit confused but did as suggested.

"Could you hold them here for a little while? I've still got several things I need to do." She told me and I smiled.

"Of course, you don't have to worry about it." I told her and went into the living room. It had plenty of chairs and a large couch in a half circle.

"Go ahead and sit down if you like." I gestured to the furniture.

"Excuse me." I looked over at the woman.

"Didn't the Beta say you weren't the Luna?" She asked and I nodded.

"Yes that is true, I am not. But, if I can, I'd still like to help." I told her and the woman smiled.

"I like your attitude." That made me smile also.

"Alright, so, what's the matter?" I asked and the woman spoke again, before the male could get an input.

"This, Gentleman, has placed a fence over my yard claiming that I'm impeding on his property when I am Not!" She stated making the male next to her growl.

"It is my yard and you've been impeding on it for years with your stupid garden, I'm sick of dealing with it!"

"And why bring it up now if it's such an annoyance?" She asked folding her arms.

"It's my yard!"

"No it's not!"

"Please, calm down." I told them and they looked over at me.

I tapped my lip as I thought. I'd never had neighbors to dispute about these things, but I still knew a little about their situation.

"Do you both still have your paper work for your homes? If we can figure out where the border is it'll sure solve the problem." I offered.

"We did, but we sent them to the Alpha for when he is ready to deal with our case." The male told me and I hummed with a small frown.

"Do you happen to have copies?" I asked hopefully, but they shook their heads.

I sighed, without the paperwork I wouldn't really be able to help them so easily.

I didn't know if it was safe to ask if they remembered the numbers, I didn't know if one of them would lie or not.

"Do you remember the numbers?" I asked anyways, it was better than nothing. Surprisingly however, they both shook their heads. I rubbed the side of my head. These people weren't the best at dealing with their problems, but I guess that's why they came to the Alpha.

"Sir, why are you suddenly becoming so protective of your yard?" I asked looking the male.

"It's not his yard!" The woman frowned at me.

"It is too!" The male growled, I felt like I was babysitting.

"I mean, why is the exact border placement so important? Is it because of your fence?" I asked, and the Male folded his arms.

"I'm planning on putting a small playground in my backyard for my kids, I'm putting the fence around my yard so they won't go into the neighbor's yard and bug her precious garden."

"How thoughtful." The Female rolled her eyes. I hummed.

"Perhaps if we went to your homes we could find a solution." I suggested.

The woman and the man looked at each other surprised before looking back at me.

"You're a very strange Lu- uh wolf." The woman told me and I smiled a bit sheepishly.

"Thank You?" I restrained a nervous giggle before standing up.

"Shall we?" I gestured out the door and they looked at each other again before getting up also and nodding.

"Alright, follow us." The man told me and headed out, the woman close behind him.

I followed after them through and out the house. I was glad one of them remembered the way out of the very large house. I probably would have just gotten us more lost.

Once we were out the door, I looked back at the house briefly.

I probably should have told someone where I was going, but everyone was busy, I couldn't really tell anyone.

I shrugged it off softly and followed after the two wolves who'd been decently quiet as we walked and just hoped I was doing the right thing.

I'm sorry for taking such a long break, but this is the last chapter I'm going to be able to publish for now as I have decided to go back and finish 'Lost Moon' the way it should have ended.
So I'm sorry, really, REALLY sorry, but this book is going to be on very temporary hiatus until I'm finished with the other book.

Please be patient with me, I know you guys love this book, I do too, it's such a joy to write, I'm just a lazy writer sometimes.
So if you guys do want to continue reading something on my page, I have other books you can read,
(including Lost Moon I guess, only if you want to.)
I'm sorry for putting this book on hiatus after such a long break. That's why I'm giving you one final chapter to stew over before hand.

And with that,
Burn Bright, tonight and Always~