08

She softly turned from the side she was facing, her eyes clouded with too much sleep. She could feel the cool evening breeze seeping into her skin pores and it was slightly cold. Even though she hadn't opened her eyes yet, she knew it was dark already. And behold when Nadia opened her eyes, she smiled at the sky that had turned to dark and her fortune, stars were adorning it already.

She loved the view, the moon too was beautiful even though it wasn't full it. She moved her head silently, aware of the fact that she had slept on his laps, that was among the reasons she loved her husband, and she was certain it was because of his presence that she slept so good. It wasn't only her aching muscles that had a good rest, her soul too had one.

She looked up at him, and his eyes were fixed on the moving waves of the pool, he looked ruminative. She smiled and stared at his face for some time, maybe he hadn't noticed that she had woken up, right? Because he would have asked them to get inside so they can pray, he hadn't prayed too, she needn't ask.

But she wanted to be selfish, because she knew if they leave here, she wouldn't be able to have some time with her husband again, it would always be First H and Second H, she wouldn't be able to recognize them.

Maybe if she looked so hard, she might be able to differentiate between the two men, maybe if she saw them together she might be able to recognize her Twin, right? Maybe she had never gotten the chance to look at him as much as she wanted, that was why she couldn't recognize him when he was together with his twin brother.

"Twin?" She called out, and that was when his attention turned to her, and he managed a smile.

"Are you okay? Something is wrong, what is it?" She asked and tried sitting upright but he placed a tentative hand on her shoulder and kept her where she was.

"You're not fine, Twin, speak to me please." She spoke again because she needn't be told what his silence meant, something was off about him.

She looked up at him from his laps and he looked down, making eye contact with her. "Do you want to talk about it?" She pressed, taking his right hand in both hers, and she softly squeezed them. At first, she felt the way he tightened before he loosened a bit and smiled softly.

"I do, but it's nothing serious. I'm just afraid." He spoke softly, staring into her doe-like orbs and how she innocently looked up at him.

"Afraid of what, Twin?"

"Suhaila, she has graduated. It's between the two, she either gets married and attend the university at her husband's house or start the university but I'm sure Hajia will say she will have to finish it at her husband's house. I'm happy that she's finally graduated, but I'm afraid of the type of man she'll get involved with. I don't want her innocence to be ripped off her and be hurt over some questionable creatures."

She chuckled softly, was this a father's instinct she was hearing on his tone? It surely was. She smiled softly and this time when she tried sitting upright, he didn't stop her. "She will be fine, Twin, I assure you. She has you and Hussain to guide her through, right? And I'm sure no matter what Hajia wants for her, you two have to agree first, you don't have to be so worked up about it, please."

He nodded and softly thanked her before he stood up and she followed suit, "I'm sorry, Nadia."

"For what? And my name isn't Nadia, it's Singleton." She pouted her lips and rolled her eyes at him, he chuckled.

"I know you won't forgive me, right? I'm Hussain, not your Twin. I just wanted someone to talk to about this, that's why I haven't told you who I am since you woke up. And I couldn't do that because you immediately started sleeping after you rested your head on my laps, I'm sorry." And he turned his back at her, walking away from what she felt no matter how much she would scream, it wouldn't fill her annoyance.