Sage: Parts 5 & 6

Part Five

Wednesday, July 28, 2010.

Holy Toledo. 

His slice of pizza froze in midair somewhere between the box and his mouth.  Sage floated into the kitchen, wearing a pale green robe…and nothing else it seemed.  She smiled at him – in a friendly way that mildly depressed him – and sat across the table to look through the boxes.  “What’d you get?” she asked, but his mouth was still open, and you can’t answer questions with your jaw locked in the gaping position.  She rose up just enough to reach across and grab a slice of his supreme, and…Sweet Lord…her robe parted just enough for him to catch a glimpse of rounded flesh…the good flesh…the kind of round flesh that men weren’t supposed to have on their bodies, but was perfect on a woman’s…the soft, malleable flesh that he was particularly fascinated with…

He cleared his throat, dropped his slice on the bare table, and stood to find something to drink.  Anything to drink, preferably cold and alcoholic.  “You want a beer?”

“I can’t have any yet,” she said, taking a man-sized bite of her pizza and closing her eyes to savor the taste.  “Mmmm…”

Yeah…Mmmm.  Right there with you, babe.

She finished off that slice and reached for another by the time he twisted the lid from the beer bottle and took a swig.  His eyebrow arched as he watched her inhale her second piece.  “Are you hungry?”

She stopped chewing and blinked up at him.  “Oh…”  She swallowed, and Carey tilted his head to observe the way her throat muscles undulated, going a little dizzy from the motion.  “Yeah,” she said, gasping for breath.  “I haven’t had a good pizza in a long while.”  She glanced at the three boxes and frowned.

“What’s wrong?”

She looked up at him.  “What’s with the blah cheese one?  You one of those health nuts?”

That was it for him.  He was a goner.  Thank God for a woman who actually eats.  He returned to his chair and pulled the supreme closer to him.  “Back off, woman.  This one’s mine.  You eat the blah cheese.”

She grinned and purred, “But Carey…didn’t your momma teach you to share?”

“She did.  And I’m sharing that one.  It’s all yours.”

Sage eyed him for a moment, then hopped up and opened his refrigerator.  “Surely, there’s something in here we can put on it.  Any bacon, or ham, or ground beef?  Maybe some steak or something?  Guys like their meat, right?”

He swiveled in his seat to say something smartassy…but her rear end pushed up as she bent over to search the bottom shelf, the hem of her robe rising just enough for him to get a peek of pure white panties.

Virginal white…just like her.  He took a moment to close his eyes and recite baseball stats in his head.  When he opened them, she was watching him.  “Who’s Jason Murray?” she asked.

For a second, he didn’t have a clue what she was talking about.  Then it hit him.  Jason was his senior catcher.  He’d been mumbling out loud.  “No one,” he said and turned away from her.  He grabbed his pizza and his beer and said, “I’m gonna watch ESPN.  Feel free to join me,” and then left her standing there in her sexy robe and virgin panties.

*****

Part Six

Wednesday, July 28, 2010.

“Talk about stingy,” she muttered at Carey’s retreating back, gripping the lapels of her robe together with trembling fingers.  She couldn’t believe she did that without blushing.  The trick was to not look directly at him.  To the side…his left ear…somewhere below his jawline…  If What’s-His-Name could see her now, strutting around half-naked, she might not still be a freaking virgin at twenty-two.  Well, she won’t still wear that tiara when she’s twenty-three, she’ll make darn sure of it.

She grabbed a soda can from the refrigerator and went to join him, taking the pepperoni with her.  She guessed she could slum it for the night, as far as pizzas go.  In the living room, Carey lounged on his beat-up sofa with his feet propped on the coffee table, flipping through the sports channels.  She flopped down next to him, stretching her bare legs out.  Carey stopped on a women’s gymnastics competition, and she watched some fifteen-year-old do things to her body that shouldn’t be legal or physically possible before asking, “Are you really going to watch this?”

“Huh?”

She cast him a side glance, but he wasn’t even watching the television.  He seemed to be measuring the length of her legs…and drooling.  Well, seducing him might be easier, and less complicated, than she thought.  Show a little leg…snuggle on the couch…piece of cake, she smirked to herself.  She’ll loose her sexual status by the end of the week.

Waving her hands in his face and grinning, she said, “Earth to Carey.  Either change the channel or hand over the remote.”

He blinked, scowled and asked, “Didn’t you used to be all shy and bashful and crap?”

Sage shrugged, danced a jig in her head, and replied, “I guess you didn’t know me very well.  Change the channel.”  He did, finding a baseball game – of course – and settled back to enjoy the game and ignore her.