Chap 1

A mate, the one you will love unconditionally, the person who was designed just for you. Your heart and half your soul, I was told the moment you met them everything else seems meaningless in comparison. But in my experience a mate can also turn on you; the Spirits can make mistakes and set you up with the wrong person or you could be faced with never getting to meet your other half and living a life as a wanderer, alone and searching for a reason to live.

That's what happened to my dad's Avery and Caleb. It's been five years since I ran from my abusive home after my parents died and ran into Caleb and Avery. They are my true family now, I know that it's weird to call them dad when they weren't that much older than me... well besides Avery but that's how I have always seen them and always will no matter our age difference.

Things have been crazy for the three of us, my dad's and I moved to England so Avery could take his rightful place as Alpha with Caleb by his side. The pack was pretty cool about it even though they were both male. I guess they cared more about Avery then who he chose to be with.

I still smile when I think of all the happy faces at the coronation. Aiden and Liam were there too, along with their friends and family to give support to the new Alphas. Also I've been hanging out with Caleb at the Elders headquarters here in England since he's one too. It was split up into a big castle like buildings where there are different sections for each one. The main building was the headquarters where the Elder council worked; the two other buildings were smaller than the main castle but were used for everyone to learn how to control their abilities; they were like boarding schools.

One was for the juniors and the other for the adult, dad's been studying with the adults, leaning the history and about his power though he doesn't have an active power like his mentor Uncle Jim but he's been learning to help a lot of lonely and grieving wolves who have lost their mates, he's become the pack counselor in a way. It hurts to see them like this, it reminds me of Uncle Levi when he was going through hell with Kyle but I was happy when they settled out their differences.     

Since coming to England the headquarters had been gracious enough to let me stay and join their little school even though it's only an Elder school, but they taught the basic too. It was much closer to home than the public schools but it was weird going to school with your dad even if he wasn't in the same class. Over the last five years in this county I have made few friends. I don' know what it was but I didn't trust enough to be so close and I tend to be on the quiet side and stick to myself plus most shunned me anyway. They may not show it to my dad's but they sure did to me when they called me names and insulted me. I guess my old family wasn't the only cruel ones I would have to deal with.

For a place filled with unique werewolves they were pretty judgmental towards me. I never hid that fact I was gay and never would but I held on to the hope that I would one day be one of the lucky ones like my dad's and Alpha Liam and Aiden and I would find 'him' my mate. But for now I was ok with being friendless.

Currently I was walking down the halls of the main council building. Caleb told me that uncle Jim had come down to visit us after he got done with an important meeting, like always. Caleb was in the meeting so I had to wait for him and Uncle Jim.

The walls were cracked and faded with age and the place had a musky odor that hung in the air. I was just waiting for the place to fall down over our heads. I mean it couldn't be all that stable after the countless centuries it's been standing for could it? Sighing I ran my fingertips along its rough walls keeping my eyes straight ahead. I ignored the people that walked by that watched me curiously so I  let my straight, lifeless blonde bangs cover my eyes. I don't know why my hair fell so limp as I grew older. It used to be shaggy and crazy, Caleb loved it which made me love it but then it started straightening out when I hit maturity on my fifteenth year when I turned. I cut it short last week but kept the front long like I usually did; it was like my own personal veil to block the rest of the world out.