The Sun Also Rises

The Sun Also Rises

Third Person's POV

Damon sat at the table staring at his werewolf bite he got from Tyler with a look of despair. Katherine was also hovering over him to stare at the lethal bite she's never come across before. "So that's what a werewolf bite looks like?" She asked.

"Yep." Was all Damon could reply to. "It's not that bad." She said.

"Will be." Damon said otherwise rolling down his sleeve to cover the bite and got up to leave. "So that's it? You're just... gonna die?" Katherine stared at him with concern.

"Well, that depends, you know anything about a cure?" Damon asked hopefully but Katherine shook her head.

"Me either."

Damon goes to get his jacket and put it on. His behaviour stuck to her as cold when he was just going to leave without saying anything goodbye to her. "145 years, no last goodbye." Katherine stared at him in disbelief.

"You don't get a goodbye." Damon said to her coldly and turned to leave when she vamped in front of him and put her hand on his chest. "Don't. Don't leave mad."

"Us ending on good terms is not exactly on my bucket list, Katherine." He dismissed her and attempted to leave again but Katherine stopped him.

"Klaus made me call Jenna to lure her out. There was nothing I could do. I didn't have a choice." Katherine explained but it didn't make Damon any less angry with her.

"That's why I gave you the vervain. So you had a choice." He snapped not taking any of her selfish excuses to heart.

"It was her or me. I chose her." Katherine responded selfishly.

"I helped you. You owed me. Now when Klaus dies, you're going to walk out of here without a scratch, and Laura's aunt dies. Somehow you're the only one that wins. How did that happen?"

"I didn't let love get in the way." Katherine said.

Damon knew Katherine has always been selfish and uncaring he didn't bother to spend anything minute arguing with her. "Enjoy an eternity alone, Katherine." He said and walked passed her.

Katherine slowly turned around to face him. "What are you going to do?" She asked. "I'm gonna offer myself as replacement to Klaus." Damon turned back.

"He won't take you. He saw your bite, he said your blood is impure." She told him pointing at his arm. "I'm sorry, Damon. But Jenna's dead and there's nothing you can do about it."

Damon didn't want to accept the situation because he knew what it would mean for Laura. She was going to lose another person she loves, she won't be able to take it.

"Where did Klaus take Laura?" Damon asked her.

"Why? What are you going to do?" She asked instead of answering his question. "Isn't it obvious? I'm gonna go save her." He said.

Katherine was angry at him for lying to her earlier. "You lied to me before, you gave Laura your blood. She was going to be the doppelganger for the ritual but then you fed her your blood. She got mad at you and that's why you tricked me into telling you where Caroline and Tyler were kept." She pieced everything together in a matter of seconds.

"Yes, I lied to you, Katherine. I manipulated you." Damon admitted without shame. "How does it feel to be manipulated?" He glared at her. She gritted her teeth at him for fooling her.

"Where is she?" Damon asked her again but harsher.

Katherine didn't want to tell him but felt she owed him one. "He took her to a warehouse three miles from here." She told him.