Chapter 17

Picture on the side is of Alpha Anthony. Yes, that's my attempt at humor:)

Chapter 17

Damien Gray

“Damien,” Emilia whispered.

“What are you doing here?”

“I came to talk with your dad,” I told her.

She tried moving closer to me but I took a few steps back.

“Don’t,” I said, putting a hand on her shoulder to stop her from getting any closer.

I noticed the hurt that crossed over her eyes, which were looking tired and dull. I hated seeing her like that but something in me enjoyed her pain. She deserved to suffer. All the time I spent flying, before I met with Cassidy, I’d been going through hell and back over what happened.

I was supposed to be the dick and she was the one shoving her tongue down the dog’s throat.

“Come on in then,” she said in a soft voice.

I followed quietly after her. Her back was in front of me and I was clearly able to see the light tremble running through her body.

“Damien, it’s good to see you,” Anthony said as soon as he spotted me. He was sitting behind his desk, but he stood up to greet me.

I nodded at him, noticing that just like Emilia, Anthony looked worn out.

“I need to talk to you,” I told him after shaking his hand.

I expected some sort of reprimand from him, but he didn’t say anything. He motioned to the chair across from his desk and went to take a seat himself.

“Anything to drink?”

“I’m good,” I told him.

“Just make coffee,” Anthony said, giving Emilia a half smile.

She nodded and reluctantly left the room.

“You’re back. I assume you thought about our proposition,” he said.

“I hid some things from you the other day,” I told him honestly.

He looked at me thoughtfully for a few moments, but his eyes remained warm.

I kept thinking so much about it since the day I met Anthony. He really didn’t seem like an Alpha. The few moments I had been with Layton, I had felt his strength, his Wolf.

Anthony felt different. It was probably the worst day to be examining his Wolf, who I was sure, could definitely use a break. I just couldn’t let go of his passive attitude.

“What is it?”

“I had come across Rogues before. My cousin Sebastian and I, we’d seen Wolves before. I didn’t know how packs really worked, but I knew Emilia was a Wolf,” I admitted.

He cocked an eyebrow at this. The way he was looking at me, it seemed like he didn’t believe my words.

“Did Emilia tell you what happened yesterday?”

“With Luke?” Anthony asked, letting out a tired sigh.

“I took off and I talked to one of the other Alphas. He wants to meet with you and me,” I explained.