Four: Deadly Basement

YOU ASSURED ME YOU WOULD STAY AWAY FROM HIM

YES, I LIED, I'M A BAD PERSON, LETS MOVE ON

"Why do you have so much security on your house?"

Buffy looked at Derek, smiling slightly at his annoyed face. He was currently driving the two so they could patrol the area, despite Buffy doing some patrols earlier that night. He had tried to open her window ( which she had closed and locked this time! ) and gotten a large electric shock due to her security, much like Scott and Stiles had. Her mother had sent her a video of it with a bunch of question marks before Buffy replied that he was another one of her idiot friends, to which Anne replied with many laughing emojis. He was still mad about it, especially since they lost like ten minutes due to the fact that she couldn't stop laughing.

"So creeps like you don't break into my house," Buffy retorted with a grin.

She was slightly annoyed about losing sleep because of patrol again but seeing Derek so annoyed was worth it. She needed him to trust her as well so she might as well patrol with him. It would be worth it in the end if they could catch the alpha and Buffy could finally get back to being a normal teenager.

"I am not a creep," Derek defended himself as he parked his car by a construction site. It was next to a road, which meant if they needed a quick getaway, they could.

"You're a little creepy" Buffy smirked. "Anyways, why didn't you ask me, oh, I don't know, during the day?"

Derek turned his head to look at her and she gave him an innocent smile.

"Do you want to catch the alpha or not?" he asked her, clearly annoyed by the girl.

He wondered how a teenager so annoying like Buffy could be so skilled to be the slayer. Like, she seemed more interested in making sure her shimmery eyeshadow was blended rather than catching the alpha. He hated the fact that if he were to fight her he would lose. He would lose to a girl with glittery eyelids.

"Not with that attitude," Buffy smirked, getting out of the car. Derek rolled his eyes, following her closely.

Buffy held a crossbow in her arms with her quiver slung behind her. She had knives strapped onto her legs outside of her pants and one in her boot to be safe. She also had her electroshock prod in the inside of her jacket pocket, ready to put it on level ten for the alpha if they caught it.

They were quiet as they crept through the construction site, looking around in case they found anything that could help them. Buffy couldn't help but shiver at the harsh winds of the night. She could of dressed better for patrols but she was in a rush due to Derek showing up randomly.

"So, what abilities come with being the slayer?" Derek asked her, curious to know what Buffy could really do. He noticed her shaking slightly, shrugging off his leather jacket and offering it to her.