11. "She's mine"

SO THIS CHAPTER IS 5000 WORDS SO GRAB YOUR POPCORN, GRAB YOUR LAFFY TAFFIES, YOUR BURRITOS AND GET READY FOR AN EMOTIONAL ROLLER COASTER. THIS IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE CHAPTERS IVE EVER WRITTEN (THAT WHY IM BEING ANNOYING LOL)

ENJOY!

At the day of the dance, Mercy took it upon herself to make me look as beautiful as ever. Because it was Christmas celebration, she gave me one of her red dresses saying it suits the situation. The dress was long sleeved and it covered my cleavage reaching the base of my neck. But it was quite tight and short on the legs barely reaching my mid thigh. Mercy gave me some nude tights as well.

She also did my makeup with bright and red colors to match the dress and curled my hair. She wanted me to wear heels but I decided to go with my black converse and added a black bow on my hair too.

"You look so fucking hot" Mercy squealed and I just smiled. To be honest I did felt amazing and confident and I was ready to rock the stage.

"Let's go downstairs. My brother is going to freak when he sees you" she pushed me out of her room and leaded me to the living room.

The tension between Hero and I was still there after he had walked on me the previous night. I was so confused about everything.

Did he have feeling for me?

Did he not?

What was going on between us?

But all my thoughts were gone when I saw him standing there in the living room.

He was wearing a button down shirt and had his usual scowl on his face as his mum was fixing his collar.

"I'm so proud of you son" Martha said cupping gently his face.

"Yeah, okay mum. Do I look okay? Jo is going to come down any second now" he said and let out a deep breath.

"Gocha! Guess I'm early" I said suddenly making his jump scared.

"Shit" he said before looking at me. When his eyes landing on mine he just stopped. I stopped too. Again. This was our thing after all.

I looked at him up and down. He looked amazing. His muscles flexed under his thin shirt and he bit his lip as he looked me up and down too.

I bit my tongue unsure on what to do.

He let out a breath releasing his lip from his teeth and his eyes landed on mine.

"Doesn't she look amazing?" Mercy pressed and all Hero could do was nod and gulp at the same time as his eyes trailed down on me one more time and the stopped on my exposed legs.

"Fuck" he whispered in a low voice that I barely caught.

"You actually look like a gentleman for the first time ever" I decided to break the ice.

He raised his eyebrows amused returning his focus on my face.

"Oh, I do?" he narrowed his eyes smiling.

I loved that genuine smile on him.

When we arrived at the dance, Hero drugged me backstage before I could process everything that was happening around me. The place was beautiful and it had low lightning most of it being on stage.

The first person I greeted backstage was Theo. He gave me a side hug and he looked at me with a concerned look.

"Did Mercy come with you or is it just you and Hero?" He asked fixing his glasses.