Introduction

Copyright © 2020-2022 by Christiana Cherry

All rights reserved. No part of this book may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying or otherwise without the permission of Christiana Cherry.

This book is entirely a work of fiction.

The names, characters and incidents portrayed in it are the work of the author's imagination. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events or localities is entirely coincidental.

* * *

Denise Webster thought her life was perfect.

Until the man she was supposed to marry fails to show up for their wedding.

Broke, distraught and heartbroken, Denise has no choice but to move back to her childhood home with her eccentric mother and stepfather to lick her wounds.

Hell bent on avoiding as much human contact as possible, the only person who seems to see past the nonchalant veneer behind which she hides her pain is her childhood best friend, Mateo Ramiro.

But with a history of self-destructive behavior and a knack for making the wrong choice, will she ever let him in?

* * *

Author's Note

Wow! I feel like it's been forever since I last revised this book. Since ONC 2020 I have barely touched this book.

That said, I'm here to tell you you're about to read the second draft of A Girl's Guide to Being Jilted.

I had to go back and rewrite a lot of things because the first draft was, well, the first draft.

I'm entering this version of the book into the Wattys, so, fingers crossed.

Enjoy!

A quick reminder before you read on:

• This book is purely fictional. My characters, the town of Ernest, the situations and most of the facts I use are fictional. I have never been to the state of Michigan or the United States where this story is based but I have done my research. Where my research was inconclusive or sparse I have filled in with my imagination. It is only to make the story more entertaining and not intended to bother anyone.

My characters views are not my own. I say this because Denise is prone to stating her opinion and not bothering who it offends.

• Referring above, do not get offended by Denise's opinions. Where you think is overtly offensive do alert me, although I promise it won't come to that.

DO NOT STEAL MY STORY OR I WILL COME AT YOU WITH EVERYTHING THE LEGAL WORLD HAS TO OFFER! And also I'll be very sad.

⚠️WARNING⚠️

This book includes swearing, an unbelievably adorable guy you will most probably swoon over and a main character whose mouth should be considered a weapon of mass destruction.

You have been warned!

Total Word Count: TBD

All the best wishes,
Christiana.