Chapter 42: College

ϟ Grey ϟ

ϟ Grey ϟ

"You're beautiful," I smile over at her. She turns her head over to me and a soft smile breaks out on her lips.

Stopping at a red light, I lean over to her and kiss her. Pulling away, I still can't keep my eyes off of her.

She's been through too much.

Fate hasn't been good to her, it's never been good to her. She's been through more shit than anybody I know and she still manages to smile and be happy.

She's fucking Wonderwoman.

When Mr. Terrip died, it killed her. It absolutely broke her to pieces and she didn't stop crying for a couple of days after. I was there with her every second.

I watched as she pieced herself back together in amazement. She's so unbelievably strong. So fucking indestructible.

She's stronger than I'll ever be, tenfold.

And driving on the way to UTK, I don't know how the fuck I'm going to be able to go almost a year without being with her every single day.

I don't like the thought of her constantly being surrounded by horny college fuckboys. I wanted a damn ring on her finger before she went but she wouldn't let me. Still.

She wouldn't even let me get a damn "promise ring". She says her necklace is enough but I say they don't know who gave her the fucking necklace.

"I'm going to miss Bear," she sticks her bottom lip out slightly. Well, fuck me I guess.

"Aw, baby, I'm gonna miss you so damn much too," I grumble and she giggles. The frown fades off my face.

"You big baby," she grips onto my hand, pulling it up to her like she's hugging it.

"You know how much I'm going to miss you," she says softly and I smirk.

"You showed me how much last night," I recall the greatest fucking sex of my life.

"I'm going to pretend I didn't hear that," she pinches my hand gently. She taps her fingers rhythmically on my hand.

"I'm nervous," she admits. There's nothing for her to be nervous about. Her roommate is Abby and I'll always be only a call away.

"What if I accidentally lock myself out of my room and Abby isn't there? What if I get offered drugs?" she gasps at the last one.

"You're thinking too much, Lilah," I give her hand a reassuring squeeze.

The only thing I'm worried about is her realizing how much she doesn't need me. Because she really doesn't. She's so fucking fine on her own, I'm astonished by how much she doesn't need me.