Chapter 25

Spencer's POV

The rest of the week flew by. I was finally able to start online school, so I've been doing that every day that Aiden goes to school. It's hard to motivate myself to work, but I'm able to complete my daily assignments.

Finally, Aiden's birthday has come. I got him a special gift, Lilly had to help me buy it for him. He insisted that I didn't have to get him a gift, but I felt like I needed to. He has done so much for me, I needed to do something for him.

We aren't allowed to go downstairs or into the backyard, the celebration is supposed to be a big surprise.

Aiden and I are hanging out in our room, just cuddling. Aiden seems to like cuddles, and so do I. The feeling of being close to your mate and in each other's arms is like no other.

Aiden whispers into my hair, "I'm nervous."

I look into his eyes and ask, "Why?"

"I don't know if I'm ready to take over the entire pack. This is a pack full of 900 people, and I'm responsible for every single one. I have so much power and so much responsibility. I don't know if I can handle it," Aiden says sadly, ashamed of his weakness.

"You have been preparing for this for years. I know you have what it takes to be an Alpha, and a great one at that. You are great at leading people, you are very fair, and you know how to make hard decisions. You can do this," I breathe out, not used to talking that much. I only talked that much because I know Aiden needs to here it.

He just nods his head, seemingly lost in thought. He focuses back on me, giving me an unsure smile. "Sure... I can do this."

I try to give him a reassuring smile, hugging him tighter. I want him to know that I am here for him every step of the way. "You'll always have me to help you. I'll take the load off," I say confidently, wanting to make him feel better.

He looks at me with love in his eyes, and asks, "What would I do without you?"

I blush and respond, "I don't know, what would you do?"

"I'd be lost without you, having no idea how to carry on. You give my life purpose, a reason to keep going. Thank you, my love, for everything." I look to him in shock, surprised at his little speech.

All I can say to him is, "I love you so much, I should be thanking you. You saved me from a life on the run, and gave me a home. Your family has accepted me as one of their own, and I feel truly whole again."

We lean in and share a passionate kiss, love clear between us.

We're interrupted by a knock on the door. The next words send nerves shooting through me.

"It's time."