Part 14: Please I Do Not Want a Heart

(Joseph's flashback)

When my brother was crowned and wedded to a woman from heart country, I left Spade.

Due to unending civil war, the Royal family started a rumor , that I was the bearer of the seal, but even with no proof the nobles kept pushing the issue about the bearer. So, without confirming about the seal and the Royal family's words about having secure the seal, I left Spade. The dukes lost their reason to raise another civil war.

I was sad of leaving my land but at the same time I was glad to be not part of the power struggle. With just a small pouch on my side and my armor, I wondered through out the Empire.

I met Magdalene and lived life in a bliss. The lax nature of Clover country is quite suited to me, and I settled down. However happiness was never a forever. Life is full of trials.

Magdalene gave birth to a son, who is the bearer of Spade. It had never happened for the seal to manifest outside the country it belongs, so when I saw the seal, I was hit by a tremendous heavy weight of reality.

You could run away, but it is not mean the problem will not chase after you. Now, the pain is a thousand fold painful to bear, such a karma that is hard to swallow.

Clover knows the state of Spade and accommodated us to hide our son.

But you know, the harder you push it in, the bigger it gets. The bigger it gets the bigger it will explode and if you have bigger explosion then the more people will get involve.

I was busy trying to make sure our future will not be tarnish by the seal of Spade, but the Royal summon I got from Diamond Country made it difficult.

When an Emperor losses the seal, they are shown a prophecy. It is to prevent an unfortunate event, when the Emperor is not omnipotent.

The Emperor seek my audience, when I met him, it was clear that he is no longer the man on the top of the Empire, the blessings of the seal are gone and the man is just a human now.

The Emperor shared to me what could happen in the future from that day. The day, that Spade will be run with ego, and destroys everything surrounding it. Consuming every bits of the Empire.

Moreover, the bearers who holds the blessings that provides the Empire's prosperity and balance, will die one by one. The Diamond, the heart, the Clover then the Spade.

After hearing the short prophecy I suddenly became so aware that the two most important person in his life had been set to die.

However, even before I get to start apprehending everything, the Emperor then said, that I am not part of the future either. I will die in Clover, failing to protect the people I love.

I was at lost, I don't know what to do, how can you go against an unfathomable opponent? How can someone destroy fate?

Then on that moment, the news of my brother's death was announced.

Everything just went crushing. Is this my karma for running away? Do I deserve this? One after another, this is too much and one more push and I'll lose it.

"Go back to Spade and stop running away. Go with the flow and become the King, as the King, tame your people."

"But your majesty!! I cannot bring my son to Spade!" That is more reason for the war to blow up more and give more reason to Spade to consume everything.

The Emperor gave me a Stern Cold look.

"You want me to leave my family?!"

"You can bring the Clover bearer, if you let them know what the prophecy per told, they will gladly do everything in their power to help you. Clover values nothing else but peace. Also, it will be unlikely that you will be killed in Spade with the "God's favorite child" at your side."