Veena Malik sentenced to 26 years in prison for airing a blasphemous programme

[http://www.morningcable.com/entertainment/arts-and-entertainment/38551-veena-malik-sentenced-to-26-years-in-prison-for-airing-a-blasphemous-programme.html Pakistani actress Veena Malik ] has been always in the news all the wrong reasons and she gets a shock from an anti terrorism court in Pakistan, the courts has sentenced Veena Malik and her husband along with Pakistan's biggest media group, Geo TV to 26 years in prison for allegedly airing a blasphemous programme.

Mir Shakil-ur-Rahman, owner of Geo and Jang group, was accused of allowing the airing of a blasphemous programme by Geo television in May, featured Malik dancing with her new husband while a group of Sufi musicians sang a devotional song about the wedding of the Prophet Mohammad's (PBUH) daughter.

The court also ordered and imposed a penalty of 1.3 million Pakistani rupees fine for each convict and court also ordered to sell their properties and surrender their passports.

"26 years! Come on. 26 years is a lifetime ... But I have faith in higher courts in Pakistan. When the final verdict comes, it will do justice to me. Nothing bad is going to happen," said Malik in an interview.

For Recent and Latest Updates see our web site [http://www.morningcable.com Morning Cable Latest News ]