Chapter 10

A/N For this chapter and future chapters Italics willbe Merlynn's thoughts. Also, I really suck at updating but thank you to everyone for putting up with me. 

Arthur stands at the front lines of the battlefield with Merlynn on his right. Gwaine stands to Merlynn's right with Leon beside him. Lancelot, Percival, and Elyan stand on their king's left. The king and his knights have only had days to prepare Camelot's army for this battle. They have all worked tirelessly and because of their efforts, they are ready to face Morgana and make their stand. Now all that is left to do is wait. They must wait for their enemy to appear with an army of her own and for the battle to begin.

As the battle commences, Merlynn sends her silent attacks against Camelot's enemy. Gwaine takes on one foe after another as does Elyan. Percival faces off against an opponent taller than himself but much scrawnier. Arthur fights against two at a time but his opponents lack any kind of skill. Lancelot and Leon fight back to back against their opponents who surround them. As Merlynn casts enchantments and sends her enemies flying backward, she keeps an eye out for one person. She uses her magic openly and with great pride as she rages war against Morgana.

...

Morgana and Mordred make their ways through the old tunnels under the castle. "They knew we were coming, they had time to prepare. How did Arthur know?" Morgana asks in thought.

"It must have been Emrys who warned the king. It is the only explanation that holds any merit." Mordred responds.

"Yes, you're right, Mordred. But how is it that Emrys has managed to foil my plans time and time again?"

"Emrys is the most powerful warlock this world has ever known. I am certain he has his ways."

...

Sometime during the fighting Merlynn finds herself separated from her friends. Although unsurprised, she is a bit troubled because she still has yet to find Morgana. But still, she fights. Now, on her own, she races to find Morgana to finally put a stop to her evil and misguided ways. With haste, Merlynn ducks into the tunnels that run through the castle where she sees a shimmering green glow. The glow is faint, so she follows it further into the tunnel.

As Merlynn catches up to Morgana she finds that the evil witch is not alone. "Mordred," Merlynn mutters, not so much surprised to see the boy here with Morgana; Just very annoyed. "What are you doing down here?" She whispers in thought.

"Hello Emrys, I wish I could say it is nice to see you again." The boy taunts Merlynn. Morgana looks over towards where Mordred stands facing the one who has haunted her dreams. The fear and desperation practically ooze off of her until her eyes land on Merlynn.

"Merlynn? No, it can't be. This is the all-powerful warlock? This is the one I have lived my life in fear of these many years!? You are the one that the Druids call EMRYS!?" Morgan seethes and shouts at Merlynn. "You, weak tiny thing, you cannot beat me. I know you, Merlynn and you will not even harm a fly on the wall."

"Correction Morgana, you knew me once and that was long ago. You are not the only one who has changed in the years you have been gone. I am no longer the clumsy serving girl I once was. I have done many things, made mistakes, I have had to make hard decisions. Some of which I admit were regrettable. Understand this Morgana, I will do whatever it takes to stop you and save Arthur." Merlynn says with resolution.

"Oh Merlynn, why do you slave away for a king who does not appreciate you or your gifts? What exactly do you think Arthur will do when he finds out who and what you are?" Morgana paced back and forth in front of Merlynn. "Allow me to clue you in. He will have you arrested, then he will have you dragged away to the cells, and finally, he will have you burned alive in the public square for all to see." Morgana stops for only a moment to look at Merlynn. "You can join me, Merlynn. Together there is nothing we cannot achieve. We can conquer kingdoms and eradicate all those who have wronged our people. Finally, the time has come that Arthur will kneel before you."