Chapter 38.

He didnt sleep over last night.

I know this, because there is no sign of him in the house.

"Morning family." I say, entering into the kitchen.

"Morning." A chorus of voices say in unison.

I walk on over to grandpa first and kiss his cheek, hug grandma and lastly wrap my arms around Dad's shoulders since he's seated on a stool, reading the newspaper and then kiss his cheek before taking a breakfast bar for breakfast.

"Put that down young lady, I'm making something that can put some weight in you."

"Granma, I look fine." I say in disagreement, giving myself a look over with a frown.

I look fine. She's just exaggerating everything.

"No, you are far from fine and I refuse to let you shrink down before my eyes. Now sit down and let me put something in you." She says, turning back to the stove.

I open my mouth to say something, only for dad to stop me, as he shakes his head with a soft expression on his face.

"Yes mam." I say, scrunching my nose at her back.

" I saw that." She says, making both dad and granpa to snicker.

I throw a playful glare their way.

Pouring myself some juice, I walk on to the living room, to watch some tv. Granpa appears whilst I'm busy flipping through channels.

"Catch." He whisper yells, throwing something at me.

Luckily I catch it in time and looking at the breakfast bar , a grateful smile takes over.

"Thanks grandpa." Our fists meet for a fist pump.

" I am your partner in crime aren't I?" He wiggles his brows, making me to chuckle. " Just dont show your grandmother that." He warns lightly, taking a seat next to me.

"And risk you sleeping in the tent, no way." I shake my head.

He shudders at the thought.

When my grandmother and my grandfather fight, mostly meaning that my grandfather had done something to really annoy my grandmother, he is sent to sleep outside, where he makes up a tent and spends the night there.

I've learnt over the years to never interfere in their arguments and to just let them deal with their problems, of course, having gotten used to everything by now. So him sleeping outside sometimes is not an unusual thing for us.

But even through all those disagreements, the love is there, all strong and great to witness.

"Grandpa. Thank you for coming here, I really missed you guys." This makes him to smile.

" I did too, though I was not happy about the reason that brought us here." I drop my eyes to my lap, tucking my hair behind my ear.

" I'm sorry for worrying you." I say, feeling guilty.

"Sweetheart, we are always going to worry about you and your dad. And that's why I was thinking that maybe, in the holidays, you could come and stay with us for a while." I perk up at the idea.

" I've been thinking of leaving....." I find myself admitting, and only realising what I have just said when I see a frown on his forehead.

" You really meant it last night, didn't you?"

I nod slowly, biting at my bottom lip, slightly nervous about his reaction.

" But why darling?" He takes both my hands in his. " Tell me."