The Beach

Cradled gingerly by a woven hammock, I swing softly. The swaying motion takes me to my roots; once being rocked as in infant, beckoned to slumber.

Back and forth, I fall deeper with each sway into a state of such deep, sweeping relaxation.

I breathe in, tasting the mildly salty breeze on my lips as they lazily curl into a smile;
A smile that pleasantly accompanies the whimsical waves that caress the shore and then disperse as the tide returns back to its home.

The sun kisses my skin with her warm rays as her face reflects in the misty ocean droplets that adorn my skin, leaving a pearlescent sheen. It's as if I'm embellished with the sea's delicate, fleeting jewelry.

Distant seagulls cry in the beautifully blissful, blue sky that encompasses my view, only slightly obscured by a few large palm leaves, so green with life. The contrast is certainly one to behold.

I look to the shore below me, watching the foam gather and mingle upon the sand. As each wave recedes, I catch glimpses of tiny shells dig their way into the darkened, wet sand leaving behind only small bubbles after they submerge themselves out of sight. I'm lightly amused by the little buried treasures.

I walk my eyes further into the water to find gathered seaweed and pieces of driftwood undulating with the immutable rhythm of dancing ocean waves.

I silently wonder what secrets I might discover underneath this big, blue body of mystery.

As my mind slowly wanders, another breeze playfully tussles my hair and carries on through my hammock and past my bare toes, inducing another smirk.

I close my eyes once more, letting the muted melody of the rushing waves whisk me away into a heavenly, restful trance.

*****