Brothers Otto

I sat on the couch, sipping at the tea Troy made, as I watched the crazy lady try to pull apart the desk chair. Alicia started pouring her tea into the plant which kinda amused me. Suddenly, she spoke up. "He's gonna kill us."

I immediately shake my head. "No. He wouldn't do that. Besides, he is treating us too well."

"Why do you think that is?" She asks, unconvinced.

Madison gave up on the desk chair and moved around to the arm chair on the other side as she answered her daughter. "I don't know. He seems to like us."

"He didn't bring us in here to have tea, then let us go."

"I'll convince him."

"What if that doesn't work?"

"Then, I'll twist his arm. Force him. Make him do the right thing." She says as she tries the bash the chair apart.

"I wouldn't suggest it. Troy has major issues." I say, hoping to get them to settle down, but the opposite happens.

Madison, suddenly, starts kicking the crap out of the chair and throws it down. "Son of a bitch!"

"Mom..." Alicia tries, but it only makes her mom snap again.

"There's gotta be something here!"

"Mom!" Alicia says again. This time getting Madison's attention. She places her foot on the couch arm, then pulls out her butterfly knife from her boot.

This made me grin at her proudly. "Ali, you smart cookie!"

She sends me a smirk, but Madison just stared at her as she brought it to her. "I hid it before they took us."

Madison sighs. "Oh, Baby." She quickly takes the knife and places it in her pocket.

"I didn't think about it. Just did it."

They stared at each other again. I swear this family is best known for awkward silences. Finally, Madison spoke. "You saved Travis."

"Yeah, to what end?" I say crossing my arms.

"I'll get us out of here." Madison promises, which at this point means nothing to me.

I stand up and walk over. "Oh yeah? How?"

"Killing if it comes to it. If it does, when it does, it's me." She says, making me roll my eyes.

The martyr has returned to save our souls! I've already killed people. Sooner or later, Alicia will too.

"Whatever. I'm going to sleep. Y'all should too, to keep up your strength." I walk over to the couch and curl up on one end. Alicia curls on the other end. Leaving Madison the chair she was abusing.

I woke up later to the light scratches of writing. I slowly open my eyes to find Troy examining us and writing things down. "Why are you being a creeper?"

Troy's eyes snap over to me. A smirk forms on his face. "You're so beautiful, I had to document it."

And there he is. My Troy.

A small smile curls on my face and I sit up rubbing my eyes. "Flattery will get you no where. Especially, not with her." I say motioning to Madison. I pause for a moment, my smile turning serious. "Are you going to kill us, Troy?"

His eyes filled with confusion and a hint of hurt. "I would never hurt you..." He replies softly.

"I know... but my friends..."

Before he could answer, Madison began to stir, pulling our attention to her. He looks over at the still sleeping Alicia, then puts his voice to a whisper. "Morning. I..I didn't wanna wake you." She looks around, trying to compose herself. "The coffee's warm."