Chapter 6- The Poisonous Food.

Goldiva's POV 

I had to wear the same nightwear again this evening because I was still trying to find solutions to my problems.

I hadn't even unpacked my clothes yet.

Why did I even leave it all to my mum to pack my stuff?!

When I woke up this morning, Bruce had already left for work. I had a strange feeling I was in someone's arms, but I concluded to myself it was a hallucination.

So I spent the entire day shopping. I bought drinks, vegetables, juices, fruits, painkillers, a blender, cake mixer, egg beaters, spices, sweets, flour, eggs and so many foodstuff.

Bruce came home around 9:45pm and he was freshening up. I was in the kitchen, setting up the items from the massive shopping I made.

The kitchen was spacious enough so setting up was fun.

I finished up everything and sighed, proud of the hard work I had done. I opened the fridge and nodded in satisfaction as well.

I turned off the lights in the kitchen and left to make sure everything was intact before I went to bed. I furrowed my brows when I saw the lounge lights on, just that the lights were dimmed.

So I walked over there and my eyes widened at what I saw.

The cushions on the couch were scattered on the floor and Bruce was sitting on the floor, with his back to the couch.

He was in sweatpants and a wife beater. His brown hair was a hot mess as he sat there, playing with the empty bottle.

What the heck was wrong with him? I was about to approach him and clean up the mess but the rules brushed my mind and I shook my head. No way. Rather, I decided to leave for my bed.

"Come." A deep voice ordered behind me when I turned around. His voice was so husky it made my heart jolt in response.

Was he referring to me?

I decided to pretend as though I hadn't heard so I stood where I was.

"I said come here." He grumbled, knocking down the bottle of Jack Daniels. Thankfully, it didn't break but I flinched at his demanding voice.

With small steps, I walked over to him and stood inches away. Before I could blink again, he swayed his muscular arm and dragged me to sit on his lap.

My heart beat very wildly in my chest as he held both my wrists. I was mentally praying that my night dress would magically grow longer in terms of the hem at my thighs. I also wished that the neckline would cover up my cleavage.

I tried to wriggle out of his grip to run away but I couldn't because that only made him tighten his grip.
He stared at me and I did the same, as though he couldn't see me looking at him.

His eyes were so blue, but specifically topaz blue. I studied his other facial features which consisted of his bushy but well shaped eyebrow, his sharp jaw and his slightly plump lips. But his face looked drowsy and miserable.

His thumb stroked my wrist and the action caused goose bumps to spread over my skin.

"Hey." He said and it was like his deep, husky and sexy voice shot through my heart and made my breath hitch.