05.

6:09:04

As soon as the bell rang, Emery sprang out of her seat, hearing a calming and soft laugh behind her as she made her way towards the door. Emery blushed wildly and shook her head, allowing her hair to cover the apple of her cheeks as she treaded her way through the hallway and near the stairway door, where her sister stood waiting for her.

There Bella stood with a tight jaw, a rosiness to her cheeks that was only ever present when she was truly upset.

Emery immediately squinted her eyes and paced her way over, her eyes glancing over her sister. Without seeing the need to physically speak, she simply raised an eyebrow and waited for her sister to speak.

"Edward Cullen is a jerk." Bella said with finality, her brown hair rustling wildly as she walked down the stairs, a grit to her teeth.

"Edward who?" Her older sister asked as she followed her carefully, holding onto the railing as students flew by with excitement, due to the day almost being over.

Bella huffed and looked back at her older sister with annoyance, which caused her to playfully place her hands up and almost lose her balance.

"Be careful would you," Bella said with a sharp tone, her eyes softening as she saw the wounded look on Emery's face. "I'm sorry, okay? It isn't you, I promise. I was sitting by one of the Cullen's in my Biology class, and he was really rude to me." Bella said after releasing a deep breath, sighing as they finally hit the first floor of the building.

"Well, what did he do?" Emery asked, walking next to her sister as Bella directed them to the guidance office. Bella said something under her breath that she couldn't hear and asked her to say it again.

"He didn't give me any attention and acted as if I smelled really bad, okay?" Bella announced defensively, blistering underneath the look her sister gave her.

"Is that all? Broody didn't give you enough attention and it hurt your feelings?" Emery asked in an incredulous tone, stopping near the office's door and looked an her sister, unamused.

Bella pursed her lips and went to respond, but her attention was caught by a tall figure standing inside of said office with an annoyed look on his face. "That's him." Bella insisted, quickly wrapping an arm around her older sister's arm and tugging her inside before she had any chance to reply.

Emery stood behind her sister and watched as the boy took in a deep breath and tensed so strong, his body winding up in a pose that looked almost predatory. "You know what, just forget it. It'll just have to be something that I will have to endure." He said sharply, leaving the guidance counselor to sit there with wide eyes and an open mouth as he began to turn around, his eyes darkening as he looked at the two that stood in front of him with distaste.

Edward quickly looked away from the hurt look on Bella's face and winced as he met eye contact with the older. Emery held him in place with uncharacteristically dark and black eyes, and Edward could only stare back, his head feeling as if it were truly on fire.

Emery's eyes flickered and she quickly blinked, looking away from the Cullen with confusion, slightly jumping as the boy grunted and stumbled out of the office, firmly closing the door behind him in an almost slam. Emery winced as she felt a deep pulse go throughout her entire figure and her nose began to turn, her eyesight becoming almost tunnel vision.

Blinking rapidly, she took a moment to close her eyes and when she opened them, she took the opportunity to clear up the awkward environment the Cullen left after he vanished.

Clearing her throat while leaning against the counter almost taller than her, she simply said in a dismissive tone,

"First days really do go by fast, huh?"