Chapter Six

"Take off your shirt," Lucifer said.

Stiles frowned. "What?"

"You heard me," Lucifer said. "Just take it off, it's not like you're hiding anything."

"You're not gonna rape me—"

"Your wings are at your back," Lucifer explained.

Stiles nodded slowly, then took his clothes off. "Don't judge."

"What is there to judge, anyway? Look at yourself, for goodness sake. You look fine! Not as fine as me, but you're a close second."

"Let's just get on with the wings."

Lucifer reached out at touched one point at his back, which made Stiles yelp and jump. "Those are your wings."

"I don't see it."

"They're not developed fully, I think," Lucifer said. "What do you think your wings will look like?"

"How does yours look?" Stiles asked. Lucifer opened his wings, and Stiles' mouth went dry. It was majestic. To be honest, he didn't think wings would look good on a humanoid-looking things, but the wings looked like it was meant to be there.

"But I have another form," Lucifer said. "It makes my wings become..."

"Reddish black scary dragon stuff."

"What?"

"You heard me."

Lucifer sighed. "Reddish black scary dragon stuff seems quite accurate, actually."

"Anyway, so this would mean that I would either have normal wings or have extremely scary wings," Stiles said. "Either way I can fly, right?"

"Yes," Lucifer said. "Your wings will come out in time. How's your powers going?"

"I have no idea. My powers are an unknown," Stiles said.

Silence.

Stiles decided to speak up. "Hey, uh... Can you tell me about my mom?"

Lucifer barked out a laugh. "No."

Stiles looked at him with the best puppy eyes he could make. "Please?"

Lucifer looked at him, then sighed. "What do you want to know?"

"If she was real," Stiles said, a faraway look in his eyes.

"Yes, she was. What else would she be—"

"Not like that. Like, sometimes I wonder if gods—angels, whatever—mate purely to get children. So was she someone you loved in real life, or was she just an experiment?" Stiles asked.

"She was real," Lucifer said. "But she wasn't 'the one', as you humans call it. She was fun."

"She was fun as in she was fun, or she was fun as in 'I like to play with her through sexual intercourse like a toy' she was fun?" Stiles asked.

"She was fun. Funny, too. She died recently and I thought I wanted to have some sexual intercourse for the first time," Lucifer said.

"I was your first time?" Stiles gagged.

Lucifer frowned. "How is that bad?"

"It's really sappy."

"Anyway, I let her spend some time with me first because I'm a gentleman," Lucifer said. "And later on, I guess I developed feelings for her."

"You guess?"

"Would you stop adding unnecessary noise to my story?" Lucifer asked. "After we realised she was pregnant, she requested that she wanted to spend some time up here for another few weeks. I panicked; the first angel-human hybrid that I knew was in her womb—so I let her up without thinking."

"Is she still here?" Stiles asked.

"I'll get to that," Lucifer said. "Time passes differently in Hell. I lost track. But before I sent her up, I gave her a time limit of about ten years."

"Ten years? What?"

"I think I wanted to set it to ten weeks but forgot how," Lucifer said.

"Valid."

"Anyway, once ten years was done, she would die, coming right back to me," Lucifer said. "But she didn't. I don't know where she went."

"And?"

"And what?"

"Did you try to find her? Is that why you're up here?" Stiles asked. "To find and reunite with your first love?"

"No, I'm here to party. But yes, I tried to find her. No luck. I got over her, though. And it turns out that my soulmate is actually the detective, so no problem!" Lucifer said.

"What's her name?" Stiles asked.

"I don't remember," Lucifer said quickly.

"Liar," Stiles said. "What's her name?"

"Claudia," Lucifer said.

Stiles' brow rose. "Claudia what?"

"Morningstar—"

"Stop screwing around, Lucifer! Claudia what?"

"She goes by Claudia Stilinski," Lucifer said.

Stiles gritted his teeth and sighed. "Of course."

"You're not mad?"

"I would be, but I don't want to kill anyone today," Stiles said. "But once I'm allowed to torture you, I'll remember that you're the one who made my mother die, you were the one who made her believe I was a monster, you were the one who made her think I was killing her, you were the one who ruined my life."

"That is what you are," Lucifer said.

"What?" Stiles asked.

Lucifer huffed. "Since the truth is coming out, I'll say this. You were the one."

"Continue."

"You were the contract. If she wasn't pregnant with you, she wouldn't have had the disease," Lucifer said. "Plus, I erased her memories at first, and I wanted to let her recollect after a few years, so she slowly gained her memory of me—of us—and she truly thought you as the Devil's son."

"So she doesn't love you?" Stiles asked.

"How am I to know? I don't know what happened after her ten years," Lucifer said.

Stiles laughed bitterly. He walked calmly to the nearest wall and punched it, the entire building shaking. He punched it several times.

"You're an ass."