Ch.9 What Happened?

I felt the stares of Embry, Jared and Bella as I stared down at my broken prosthetic. My anxiety doubled and I felt my emotions starting to overwhelm me. It was only a matter of time before I would have a panic attack. I didn't answer Embry's questions. I think they could tell it was a touchy subject. Jared helped me to Bella's truck and ended up putting me in the bed of it before climbing in after me. Embry drove while Bella sat in the passenger seat.

I saw Jared trying his best to not completely stare at my left leg, but his eyes would often linger. He wanted to say something, I could tell, but he was holding himself back. I was kind of glad about that. The ride to Emily's gave me time to calm down. However the ride was quick to end and Embry was soon pulling in to the driveway of the all too familiar wooden house.

Jared hopped off the back of the truck and onto the ground while Embry quickly got out of the drivers seat and shut the door. They both whooped as they walked toward the house. I continued to sit in the back of the truck while taking my prosthetic off.

"Hey, I think we should go back and see if Jacob is okay." Bella suggests.
"I hope Paul sinks some teeth in him. Serves him right." Jared states making Embry shake his head.
"No way. Jacob's a natural. You see him phase on the fly? I got five days Paul doesn't touch him." Embry says before turning back to the truck. "Come in Harley and Bella. We won't bite."
"Speak for yourself." Jared adds.

I hear Bella sigh as she exits the car and closes the door. I see her walking toward the front of the house.
"Come on Harley." I hear her yell making me roll my eyes. One of their dumb ass brains has to click soon.
"Oh shit, hold up." Embry's voice booms out. Bingo. I see his tall and lanky figure come around the side of the truck before stopping in front of me. I held my prosthetic in my hand while scooting to the edge of the truck.

"I can carry you if that's easier." He says causing me to nod in response. "Okay." And with that I felt his extremely warm arm wrap around my waste and the other go under my thighs. He quickly lifted me with no effort and started walking toward the house where Bella waited for us. Once Embry reached Bella he quickly stopped.

"Hey, about Emily. Sam's Fiancée? Don't stare. It bugs Sam." He informs more so to Bella.
"Why would I stare?" Bella questions.

Embry walks into the house with me without responding to Bella while Bella stood at the entrance. "Are you guys hungry? Like I have to ask." Emily speaks out.

Emily turned to look at us and her eye automatically landed on Embry carrying me. Her eyes looked at my prosthetic in my hand before looking at my missing leg that still had the gel liner and socket on. Her face morphs into one of slight awe before she looks up at Bella.
"Who's this?" She asks out to Embry and Jared while still looking at us.
"Bella Swan. Who else?" Jared says while Embry walks over to the couch that was near the table and sets me down on it. Embry goes and sits down at the table while I whip out my phone getting ready to call my mom. I was hold in every ounce of emotion within me at the moment.
"So, you're the vampire girl." Emily says while look at Bella. I whip my head up at her comment. What even? I could see Bella side eye me before speaking.
"So you're the wolf girl." Bella says and walks slowly into the house.
"Guess so." Emily says with a smile and nods. "Well, I'm engaged to one." She adds and places a plate full of muffins onto the table. Jared and Embry both quickly grab one making Emily grab their wrists. "Save some for your brothers. And laddies first." She says and let's go before looking at us. "Muffin?" She asks and gestures toward them.
"Sure. Thanks." Bella says as walks toward the table.

"Leave it to Jacob to find a way around Sam's gag order." Emily says and looks back to me. "Are you okay, Harley?" She questions making me give her a tight smile.
"I- um, yeah I'm good." I say, my voice soft and close to broke. She looks at me in worry before looking back at Bella since she started to speak.
"Um he didn't say anything to me." Bella responds. Emily quickly came over to me and sat down on the couch next to me as the others talked.