CHAPTER 3

CHAPTER SONG: Love Away- Capital Cities

My day had been hectic, and I was glad to be finally in the environment of my own apartment. Zayn and Niall promised to stop by later for dinner, which I was happy about. They seemed always happy, which I needed right now. For me being away from home, alone in a new town that was huge- it was scary. And lonely. 

I walked out of the school and made my way home. Once I got inside, I sat my art bag down and sighed. I still had time before Zayn and Niall would be coming over. I looked around my apartment, huffing to myself. It looked rather bare, like I had no taste at all. I looked at the time, should I go get furniture now?

It wouldn't hurt. 

The cold wind softly blew once I was outside, making me quicken my pace. My face scrunched into a disgusted look as I saw a couple making out, which I called "sucking faces". It was rather disgusting, I might add. I softly mumbled an "excuse me" as I accidentally bumped into them. The girl slowly pulled away and wiped off her face.

The couple glared at me, making me scowl. Why were people so rude? I just asked them to move. I huffed out a breath and quickly walked away.

I bumped into someone, again, and quickly looked up to say my apologies. Blue eyes stared down at me, a smile plastered on his face. "Hi there." He said, his voice laced with a British accent. How is that everyone I meet has some kind of accent? Especially British?

"I'm sorry." I gushed, stepping back. I grabbed a hold of my purse and sent the unknown male a smile.

"That's ok love, I saw you run into the couple snogging?" He raised his eyebrow and put his hands behind his back.

"Yeah, I just asked them to-"

"Move. Well, I should crush your dreams here, they're always there. They never stop."

"You mean making out? Everyday?" I gagged, making him chuckle.

"Unfortunately. You'll get used to it." Everyday? That's just what I wanted. "I got used to it. I live right by them." He said, extending his finger to my apartment building. 

"You do? Which one?" I asked. I saw his eyebrow raise, making me add something quickly. "The only reason I ask is that I live in 5C."

"I live in 5A." He explained. He smiled at me, his eyes sparkling. "What an honor! I'm glad that I have a beautiful girl living next to me." He said, still smiling. My cheeks heated up at his comment, making me look away in embarrassment. I watched the cars zoom past, making me wonder how they even got their licenses. "So when I get lonely, I can count on being happy again when I see you're home eh?" He said,  indicating he wanted to come over. I looked up at him and nodded shortly. 

"I have to go, nice meeting you....?" I said slowly drifting off, not saying anything. Did he tell me his name?

"Sorry for my horrible manners, my name is Louis. Louis Tomlinson."

"Well, Louis, my name is Carli. Don't worry, you have wonderful manners. I'd love to stay and chat with you but I have to go shopping. I said, sending Louis another smile. 

"I understand. It was lovely meeting you. Be safe, this town is full of liars and weirdo's." And with that, he walked past me, leaving me alone. 

I started walking, but to have Louis call my name once more. "Yeah?" I said, facing him.

"I would like to talk over a glass of tea some time? I'd love getting to know you, love." 

"I'll get back to you." I giggled and walked to the mall.

My shopping trip turned into a 3 hour trip to hell. The crowds were crazy, my mind never making a decision. Should I have colors or all white? I ordered the things I couldn't carry home to be sent to my flat, the cost slightly extra. I quickly made my way home and got out the little decorations I had carried with me, smiling in content knowing that I had more to come. I took off my coat and pinned my hair back. I opened a box that had the contents of a wooden shoe rack, slowly trying to assemble it together. After what seemed like forever, I finally put it by the door and put my boots on the last shelf. 

I made my way to my room and stripped from my clothes, slipping on some more comfortable ones. I grabbed the clothes that were on my bed, hanging them up in my closet. The suitcase that had my shoes was slowly unloaded, some in the floor of my closet and the others on the shoe rack. I was proud of myself for building it, since I've never done that in my entire life.

I was glad to hear a hard knock on the door, making me stop cleaning up. I quickly shut the door to my messy room and walked to the front door, unbolting it. I swung it open, smiling as I looked at the two guys before me.

"Hello dear!" Niall boomed as he sent me a smile. I looked at Zayn, who was staring at the ground. 

"Hi guys. Come on in." I invited as I opened the door wide for them, watching Zayn closely. Zayn merely nodded and passed us silently into my apartment. "Is he ok?" I whispered to Niall.

Niall shrugged as Zayn sat down on my couch. "He said he had something important to tell you." Niall whispered. 

I nodded and squeezed Niall's arm softly. "What kind of pizza?" I asked both the boys as I grabbed my phone. 

"I'll order." Niall smirked, walking out of the room.

I looked over at Zayn and sat down in a chair. "What's going on?"

"I'm getting fired from my job at the front desk." Zayn blurted out, his voice filled with hurt. 

"What? What do you mean you got fired?" I didn't even know he worked there. I thought he just volunteered. 

"Well.. I do.. I mean.. I did. I had to do it because that was the only way I could get a job. Nowhere else would hire me." 

"Why did you get fired?" I softly said. I faintly heard Niall ordering from the other room, already, I thought, knew what happened. 

"Because of Harry." He simply said. 

Harry?

The... Oh.. THAT Harry.

"Why?" I asked shocked. Why would he do something like this? I mean, he's a jerk and couldn't stand people. But this? This was just cruel. It made me hate him even more, even if I don't know him. 

"Because I didn't let him get in a class that the lead lady thing.. I don't even know what to call her anymore... specifically told me was full. That no one could sign up for it. So when I told Harry no, he got all mad and went to her and complained, yelled.. Practically throwing a tantrum. Which I might add, he does it all the time. But that isn't the point. He did that until she let him take the class. Oh, and his rich dad complained too, paid her and probably slept with her. He always lets Harry get what he wants.. Always gets his way. His dad wanted me fired, so it happened." Zayn said as he ran his fingers through his hair. "Like father, like son."